Home

Old 06-09-2012, 05:42 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: WR Height.

Wow I can't believe there are so many people who think height doesn't matter. I don't even know how to reply to that.

Height is easily one of the most important attributes for DBs and WRs in Madden. You guys must have some terrible users if you don't think it matters.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #18
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

If Madden 13 is anything like NCAA Fooball 13 then recievers will go up and get the ball without even being user controlled! So tall receivers should be very effective this year.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #19
sk
God's Son.

sk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomenal_waffles
Wow I can't believe there are so many people who think height doesn't matter. I don't even know how to reply to that.

Height is easily one of the most important attributes for DBs and WRs in Madden. You guys must have some terrible users if you don't think it matters.
Again, if the WR doesn't turn around for a jump ball then what good is his height?

Calvin Johnson is dominant because he can out-muscle, box out, and out jump any DB in the entire world.

Plaxico Burress was a great red zone threat because on his fade routes he could turn around to face the QB and go for a jump ball.

In NCAA and Madden, you cannot strafe with offensive players, so I was wondering if you can finally do it in 13.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #20
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisxsong
I disagree with this. User catching in my experience is utterly useless because offensive players cannot strafe.
In my experience, if you don't user catch, you can't even throw a ball on a streak unless the WR flat out beats the CB because the CPU is just plain dumb. You also have a better chance of holding onto the ball if it's a user catch vs the CPU catching the ball and getting hit. Also, someone who is half decent with the sticks can make sideline catches better than the CPU which means more catches.

As long as a person has good user, the CPU will NEVER be able to out perform catches on offense and defense than a user.
Old 06-09-2012, 08:38 PM   #21
Pro

baller7345's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Again, if the WR doesn't turn around for a jump ball then what good is his height?

Calvin Johnson is dominant because he can out-muscle, box out, and out jump any DB in the entire world.

Plaxico Burress was a great red zone threat because on his fade routes he could turn around to face the QB and go for a jump ball.

In NCAA and Madden, you cannot strafe with offensive players, so I was wondering if you can finally do it in 13.
You can strafe with WR's as long as its not on all pro or above I believe. Above that it was taken out to make Rocket catching less effective

Even without strafing height is arguably the most important factor for WR's this year especially if you play online. Its almost to the point that height is much too important because a player like Jared Cook Jr is one of the best Madden TEs in the game due to his height.

You don't need to strafe to trigger the spectacular catch animations and the endzone fade will do it for you. You can get the same jumpball catch from streaks if you throw it so that its a throw that is so far that the QB doesn't throw it in a way that allows the WR to keep running. The WR will stop turn around and jump for the ball. Face throws are another way to abuse height and is probably the most used online tactic this year other than outside slants. Face throws are the Bambi animation. You can easily user catch curls, comebacks, deep out routes, corner routes, the c routes, and several others in order to get jump ball animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 12:27 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

Hahaha, you must not know what the face catch is.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »