Home

Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

This is a discussion on Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

Well, it's $60 with Amazon with a $15 gift certificate, so I guess it's worth $45.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:47 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Well, apparently I don't have to wait too long. If they found a way to bring that functionality of controlling all 32 teams and editing through a patch or something, then I'll be interested again.
Yeah, no 32 team control and the ability to edit CPU teams strategies = no purchase for me. But after watching the videos and seeing the running animations/momentum issues haven't been fixed, I won't be buying it anyway. If those two issues are fixed between now and release day, I'll reconsider.
Old 06-08-2012, 10:51 AM   #11
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Well, it's $60 with Amazon with a $15 gift certificate, so I guess it's worth $45.
You can get it for $45 bucks at Toysrus straight up. I might do this and use credit card points for a $25 Toysrus gift card. $20 bucks for the game new is about the right price for me. Buying it used I still have to give EA $10 bucks for online access anyways.

Anything more the $29.99 out of my pocket and I'll pass right now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 11:02 AM   #12
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Most Madden fans won't care, they simply want to play with their team with the new rookies, and will probably not even notice the omissions. The hardcore on the other hand are in "stage 7" simply accepting whatever is coming and holding out hope that it's all worth it. Then there are the faithful, even if the game disappoints they will be here making a Madden 14 wishlist (can't wait to see how fast that happens) holding out hope that the devs will hear their prayers.

Madden's value to the individual matters little because you'll still need to pony up full retail (minus any discount offers and hoops you gotta jump through to justify the purchase) to play it come august.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
You can get it for $45 bucks at Toysrus straight up. I might do this and use credit card points for a $25 Toysrus gift card. $20 bucks for the game new is about the right price for me. Buying it used I still have to give EA $10 bucks for online access anyways.

Anything more the $29.99 out of my pocket and I'll pass right now.
Good point, but Amazon usually even gives better deals closer to the game. Also, Amazon is easier to do while you're at college since they can ship it right to your college on release day for $0 of shipping. Just depends on everyone's situation I guess.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 7

Like a few of you, I also feel that no video game is worth $65. Too expensive and that's why I always use Amazon or Half.com to get them used. $40 is my threshold for any video game. Call me cheap, but that's just my buying style.

@RGiles: I hear where you coming from, but those are some major disappointments in my opinion. You're taking control away from a user and that's not good for any video game. It's hard to give full price for something EA takes away. What's sad is that EA almost had it on the head with CCM.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #15
Rookie

Tyler_Bullard's Arena

OVR: 4

It seems like some of ya'll try to find anyway to bash something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 11:20 AM   #16
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

I always trade in my previous Madden, so it's like $45~ for me. Then I throw down the 5$ preorder, so it makes it seem less when I buy it lol, so 40$~. And that's totally worth it considering I don't buy many games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »