Home

Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

This is a discussion on Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2012, 04:42 PM   #33
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: Based On Recent News, How Much is Madden 13 Worth At This Point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Dead honest, I would pay $200 for this game. if you break it down I'm gonna play probably 400 hours total.. maybe more. At most thats me paying 50 cents and hour for entertainment. If I were to go to a movie, thats $15-$30 for 2 hours so $7.50-$15 per hour I 'm paying for entertainment. If I go to a bar for 3 hours on a Saturday night... thats about $150, so thats $50 an hour for entertainment.

So for somebody to say that $60 is too much... even if you only play 30 hours total that is a better value than nearly anything else you are going to spend money on to entertain yourself.
LOL, Dude, that's definitely not what we need someone in your position to be saying AT ALL. We want more for our money. You are making a better case that developers don't get what they're owed over us consumers. You realize they get paid (and paid handsomely) no matter what they decide to give us, right? I'm laughing with you as well, but being serious, we need you to stay on the fans' side when it comes to the Benjamins.
Old 06-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Mark my words not only will madden 13 not be rated very well because they took user control away on a number of issues. But this will be at the end of the day the worst selling of all maddens Book it
Place your bet.... Fair warning I don't lose bets.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
LOL, Dude, that's definitely not what we need someone in your position to be saying AT ALL. We want more for our money. You are making a better case that developers don't get what they're owed over us consumers. You realize they get paid (and paid handsomely) no matter what they decide to give us, right? I'm laughing with you as well, but being serious, we need you to stay on the fans' side when it comes to the Benjamins.
Cost/benefit analysis is correct, if you don't like the game then don't play it so its either money saved or wasted in your opinion. That's cool, nothing wrong with that, but you folks suggesting that its literally not worth 45-$60 to the large majority of people that will purchase it are fundamentally wrong on that. Of you mean from a pure financial standpoint then yes it is worth those sums of money compared to other forms of entertainment.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2012, 05:13 PM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I echo this in every thread about the cost of video games I post in, but it once again applies here: adjusted for inflation, video games are cheaper to purchase than at any other point in history, despite exploding production costs of AAA titles.

To the topic, Madden NFL 13 is well-worth my $60.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by malky
Mark my words not only will madden 13 not be rated very well because they took user control away on a number of issues. But this will be at the end of the day the worst selling of all maddens Book it
How easy it is to make outlandish statements that you don't have to back up on a forum.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
Rookie

kevj349's Arena

OVR: 4

I think a lot of people don't really understand what it is they accomplished by changing to CC.

People are also overstating the value of import draft class. The point of CC is to immerse yourself in the game. To play for months nonstop. With editing and a revamped draft system you put yourself in the game more.

Best way I can put it is this. I cheated my first time playing Skyrim, only played about 30 hours. Next time I played I went for 100 hours because I didn't cheat. The fact that I didn't have control allowed me to get more into the game and enjoy it. I know we are all control freaks and want to make sure RGIII turns into an amazing player and Tebow rides the bench, but it really does take people out of the game. Cheat codes aren't in most games for a reason, and editing players and knowing draft classes to a T are as close to cheating as it comes in Madden.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #39
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Dead honest, I would pay $200 for this game. if you break it down I'm gonna play probably 400 hours total.. maybe more. At most thats me paying 50 cents and hour for entertainment. If I were to go to a movie, thats $15-$30 for 2 hours so $7.50-$15 per hour I 'm paying for entertainment. If I go to a bar for 3 hours on a Saturday night... thats about $150, so thats $50 an hour for entertainment.

So for somebody to say that $60 is too much... even if you only play 30 hours total that is a better value than nearly anything else you are going to spend money on to entertain yourself.
I'll b paying 100.00 for the game if I find a seller to get it early, period. Most excited I've been for Madden in a while.
I think they are finally headed in the right direction and really think things like no 32 team control is irrelevant to the majority of Madden gamers. Not everyone (by far) are "nuts" like some of us here at OS and other sports gaming sites. I think non editing will be the biggest issue, not 32 team control.
Just my .02.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 PM   #40
MVP

TajDeni's Arena

OVR: 10

i think majority of folks if not all, were pretty stoked for this yrs Madden game. and while EA seems to be heading back in teh right direction. i think as more and more info starts to come out about CC and ppl start digging deeper and deeper with their quesstions and finding out that alot of the features that were already in the game have been taken out and at the same time they havent really been given legit reasons as to why, that excitement is fizzling out.

I think more and more ppl are feeling like a big pin was just stuck in their bubble of excitement.

at the end of the day prolly have to give EA the benefit of the doubt because they claim that features were left out because they couldnt get them for some reason to work 100% properly and that everything in the game will work 100% properly.

but i tell you what, the first time ppl start seeing things like the Seahawks, Bucs, Titans, or Dolphins taking a QBs with their 1st, 2nd, round pick the 2nd season in and then they find out they cant even make simple correction to fix this, hell's gonna freeze over.

Hidden Within the Depths of Silence and Solitude, Awaits the Realest Dude...
-- TajDeni

Last edited by TajDeni; 06-08-2012 at 06:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »