Home

What kind of coach will you be?

This is a discussion on What kind of coach will you be? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: What kind of coach will you be?
Teambuilder 49 61.25%
Motivator 13 16.25%
Strategist 18 22.50%
Voters: 80. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What kind of coach will you be?

Yea when I coach for the Raiders, I am sticking with their default schemes. Defensively, I will still go after the same type of DBs. I usually mainly run Man-to-Man defense. But, I wont focus heavily on getting Height-Weight-Speed guys. 1st thing I will do is put DHB on the trade block(even though he had a good season) and get rid of the vets.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronk4M13
I have to disagree. We have seen that some coach goals are "make it to the Superbowl" etc. As a coach, just like in the NFL, you manage the roster 100%. You call the plays. You make bad players good, and good players even better.
but reaching those goals as a coach doesn't allow you to spend that XP on progressing your players other than buying a pack that makes them earn more XP when they reach their goals. No matter what your players still have to chase stats in order to progress and if you're a coach it's your job to make sure they're doing that. And in no way am I talking about trying to make everyone a 99 just normal progression. And I'm also not saying it's a terrible system or anything it's just not my preference to play that way.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:05 PM   #67
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

we haven't really seen too many goals for players. only one i have seen was 500 rush yards for a 1st round rb that came in as a backup, that looman created in a video. thats not too lofty of a goal for a 1st rounder.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #68
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
we haven't really seen too many goals for players. only one i have seen was 500 rush yards for a 1st round rb that came in as a backup, that looman created in a video. thats not too lofty of a goal for a 1st rounder.
I think that was because the RB wasnt a starter.

I saw a goal for a backup RB that was 1500 yards and a goal for Colt McCoy that was passing over 4000 yards.

I think it is based off where you are on the depth chart. So if your a drafted RB and your 3rd on the depth chart, I doubt your season goal will be more than a 250-350 yards and 2-4 TDs
Old 06-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #69
MVP

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I think that was because the RB wasnt a starter.

I saw a goal for a backup RB that was 1500 yards and a goal for Colt McCoy that was passing over 4000 yards.

I think it is based off where you are on the depth chart. So if your a drafted RB and your 3rd on the depth chart, I doubt your season goal will be more than a 250-350 yards and 2-4 TDs
eesh that's the kind of thing I"m talking about I've never had 1500 yds with my back up RB or even those kind of numbers with my 3rd string to my knowledge.
Old 06-13-2012, 11:57 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
eesh that's the kind of thing I"m talking about I've never had 1500 yds with my back up RB or even those kind of numbers with my 3rd string to my knowledge.
Heck I might not be 1500 yards with my starting RB.

Some of the goals are alittle stretched out too far. But, I dontyou have to go far. I think those goals are mainly for XP.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:40 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

I don't think completing goals are the only methods of obtaining XP. I think they are just a way to get bonus XP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #72
Banned

OVR: 8

IDK yet, need more details.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »