Home

How do back ups progress?

This is a discussion on How do back ups progress? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: How do back ups progress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg1919
But as I said earlier,
In an indirect way, the rich teams will still get richer. Why? Because they have the value surrounding them to reach their goals! Even if their goals are higher.

And what I mean by value, is that a great QB like Aaron Rodgers has Nelson, Jennings, Driver, Finley, etc. As well as a great defense stopping an opponent quickly and getting the ball back into Rodgers hands to make it easier for him to reach his goals and essentially XP points.

Great players also allow their coaches to reach lofty goals as well.

I'm curious if Madden developers will have a screen that shows how many XP points a team has earned in a season. As well as a comparison of all teams XP points against each other.

Because if teams like the Packers and Patriots are outearning the Raiders and Browns on a yearly basis in the XP points. The great teams will only pull away further from the poor teams. Assuming that the poor teams draft and sign similiar free agents as the rich teams. When I say poor and rich teams, I am referring to the teams with the Higher overall players compared to the teams that don't have as many players with higher overall ratings.
With this though, teams like the Packers and Patriots may have more stars than say the Browns. Yes, this will mean it is easier for the players on the Packers to achieve their goals than players on the Browns.

However, the Packers players will not only have higher expectations and thus harder goals but they will also require more XP to boost their ratings as they would have higher ratings.

Example: Aaron Rodgers may need 4000 passing yards to meet a season goal and he may need 5000 XP to increase his Throw power by 1. Whereas, Brandon Weeden may only need 2,500 passing yards to meet a season goal and only need 3,000 XP to increase throw power by one.
Old 06-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #50
Banned

OVR: 8

Everything has been said.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:00 AM   #51
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

All I got to say is that NBA 2K 11 & 12 had xp, goals, story lines, and milestones via their My Player mode before Madden. Theirs nothin wrong with being influenced by another game, but Looman and others need to stop actin like they were the first ones to implement a RPG like experience in a sports video game.

Last edited by ghettogeeksta; 06-14-2012 at 07:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 07:56 AM   #52
Rookie

Why not only have player EXP? Honestly, my scrub runningback should not get points because my star runningback earned all of his EXP.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Here are some FAQ's from Shopmaster.
http://mymaddenpad.com/madden-nfl-13...-careers-faqs/

Should answer your questions. Ps I was correct.
Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
This is what I was going off of:

Quote from EA Blog by Dave Searles (RedZoneD25) from the EA SPORTS Game Changers, StickSkills.com and Tradition Sports Online. "XP is gained in a variety of ways, from completing practices and playing games, to meeting Weekly and Season Goals. Players can then use these progression points on attribute increases for anyone on the team."

About 2/3 of the way down: http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl/n...community-blog

Let me quote that 2nd sentence with my thoughts on the matter in parentheses:

"Players (Users as coaches in CCM) can then use these progression points on attribute increases for anyone (anyone) on the team."

When he says "anyone" I take that to mean that I can use Tom Brady to get XP that I can use to increase anyone else on the team. Which is where I got my "pool of XP" theory.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #54
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by raidertiger
Why not only have player EXP? Honestly, my scrub runningback should not get points because my star runningback earned all of his EXP.
Did you read the whole thread? There is a lot of misinformation floating around. A player can only earn xp for that player. Coach xp is not used on players but instead used on perks such as a perk to talk players out of retiring or a perk to boost the amount of xp that certain positions receive. Backups earn xp through being subbed into games or through practice.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #55
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Did you read the whole thread? There is a lot of misinformation floating around. A player can only earn xp for that player. Coach xp is not used on players but instead used on perks such as a perk to talk players out of retiring or a perk to boost the amount of xp that certain positions receive. Backups earn xp through being subbed into games or through practice.
berad88 - Did you read the quote I posted from Dave Searles? What is your interpretation of his comment?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 08:58 AM   #56
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

@kosarfan the info from CRM and Shopmaster says otherwise, they have had access to looman and gotten their info directly from him or from playing the game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »