Home

Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
Rookie

xboxfever's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feldman011teen
I'm going to play franchise, like i've done for 15 years. I don't care about this mode.
There is no franchise mode. There is one mode, connected careers. It's a combination of franchise and superstar mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #26
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

IT turned into a rental for me and maybe a late purchase used in feb or something. I just want to try the infinity engine out. The rest of the game is useless to me now.

I will playing NCAA all year long now. If only they had the infinity engine too I wouldn't even play madden this year. I think they did that on purpose.

Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 11

I've never played or watched other games in my franchise in the past, but I've always used the open nature of franchise mode to manage or remedy facets of the mode that weren't working correctly or realistically.

The closed nature of this new mode effectively means that you have to hope they've done everything in the league and with teams correctly.

I've cancelled my pre-order on Gamestop's website, and will simply wait to hear how things are before I decide to pick it up or not. As a franchise mode guy, I don't want to pay $60 only to find out out something is borked or unrealistic in the mode within a day or two of release. On the other hand, if others confirm all is well, I can then pick it up with more confidence.

Last edited by Flamehead; 06-15-2012 at 07:34 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:09 PM   #28
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm still waiting for next-gen Madden...
Old 06-13-2012, 01:11 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Turned away? No. I still have a "buy" on the game, though it probably will not be a first day purchase.

Likely will wait to see what feedback comes in from players and what else is coming out at the time.

Still interested in seeing the new mode in action and getting my hands on it, just not a "go get it now" game at this point - and it could have been for me.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #30
MVP

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by lgxjames
I makes me worry about the future of the mode. Of all the disappointed news none of it has clipped my wings yet...But I'm starting to worry something will soon enough.

As of this moment tho...No. Still like the mode.
What? The future of it is the exciting part if they build on it and find a way to add back in the omitted features in ways that are actually functional.

But to answer the OP, no it has not turned me away at all. A couple have things are a bummer, but I'm still very excited for M13 and happy with my pre-order
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #31
MVP

brahmagoul's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
Wth does 2k have to do with this?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Having only one choice to play NFL football as a video game. That's it.

On another note, I scratch my head at the tweets I see at Josh Looman; people saying how they appreciate EA not rushing things to get it right. Am I wrong or is putting out CC and taking away options in itself rushing the product!?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 2

Yes, I was excited at first but after hearing about no editing of the rosters and no Co op in offline CC I was really dissappointed. Single player Franchise would get stale after a while and playing CC online with random people doesn't sound appealing. The only thing that kept me playing Franchise mode (now CC) was that me and my friends could all play together on the same console (Multiple people on same team) - the four of us would play, one as QB, one as RB and two of us WR's. I still can't believe they took out co op play on a TEAM sport. I could understand not having this for online CC but there is not reason not to have it for offline CC.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »