Home

Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2012, 01:45 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'Closed' Nature of Connected Careers Turned You Away?

I'm more amazed at how screwed up the gameplay still is and this is the issue that gets the most attention? Locomotion, basic gap assignments and other on field issues trump this for me. However I do not blame the folks who are upset for being so. I feel their pain.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 12

I must be able to edit player ratings and play season/career, otherwise any sports game is useless to me. Will not buy Madden 13, no way, no how.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:50 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I'm more amazed at how screwed up the gameplay still is and this is the issue that gets the most attention?
Heh, someone else noticed as well.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'closed' nature of Connected Careers turned you away?

It doesn't really matter to me. I never edit rosters during franchise mode, nor play other games. While it's not a big deal to me, it would be nice if it was in, especially since those options have been in for years.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:52 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittyD81
I know it may be a WILD idea, but how about we actually play the game first before just bashing these changes to oblivion.
In regards to the Physics engine that would make sense since you can only truly come to a conclusion about its new 'feel' by playing it first but in regards to Connected Careers and the restrictions of Franchise Mode features for those of us that play OFFLINE, there is no need to play it first...its pretty straight forward, you cant edit, create teams, players, play ANY GAMES around the league in your Franchise. This is all pretty clear and doesnt require playing the game to experience these changes to the game.....For many of us it is truly a TERRIBLE DESIGN decision.

And let me clarify this, I personally applaud the many improvements and added depth to Connected Careers Mode that EA made for those that love to play online and even those that don't....

...BUT what I feel was COMPLETELY UNFORGIVABLE and just a POOR DESIGN DECISION was the fact that they didnt have enough sense to break out Connected Career Mode and Franchise Mode into 2 separate MODES to allow a large consumer audience the same flexibility that they had with EDITING and CUSTOMIZING their Franchise experience all these years...and more importantly, the way they want to play the game when their playing it offline.

There was absolutely no reason to cater to one type of audience and completely alienate the other when they could have just as easily included BOTH and made everyone happy to play the game the way they want to......As it is now, we cannot.

That is why I feel that EA made a really bad design decision. I dont even think this is an arguable point regardless of which play style you prefer or how often or not you edit players, teams, etc.

Last edited by Lisa_Bonami; 06-13-2012 at 01:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #62
Rookie

JoSiiF's Arena

OVR: 8
im completely turned off by this new mode, ill probly rent it just because i love football but im not spending 60 hard earned dollars for this. better luck next year i guess
Old 06-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #63
Rookie

DMorganU44's Arena

OVR: 10

Completely turned off...

After read about the new engine and CCM, I did my first pre-order ever. A new engine and lot of Head Coach parts in Madden!?! Are you kidding me?!?(100%)

So, I learned about the omission of imported draft classes. A bit hit, but they promised to work on it and bring a flawless feature. (70%)

ZERO edit, I meant, ZERO?!?! TKO

Shame on me I´m such a fan of Head Coach and football and will be here to see some people impressions...

Last edited by DMorganU44; 06-13-2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:57 PM   #64
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Sound Off: Has the 'closed' nature of Connected Careers turned you away?

I'll be in line at midnight to pick it up (if I cant get earlier)
So no, not affected at all.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »