Home

EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

This is a discussion on EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 11:38 AM   #33
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: EA Sports Sim Community Demand Quick Fix - Madden NFL 13 DE Pass Rush

Beautiful football right here man.

http://

Last edited by speedy9386; 06-14-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I finally saw this rush script in a Madden 13 video. Ravens vs Redskins video 2 in the videos 2 thread. It looked better than what I saw here in the NCAA demo as both edge rushers did it. IT just set up too slow for my taste. Coming out of their stance the DE's are slow. They need to make that happen a lot more.

Last edited by LBzrule; 06-14-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Beautiful football right here man
I just don't understand how the developers can see that and NOT want that in their game. AT this point since it is completely absent from Madden, that's the only rationale I can think of. Or maybe they don't know how? Is that it? I cannot understand for the life of me how having this type of thing in Madden would make the game "NOT FUN". Just the opposite in my mind. This just gets me frustrated beyond repair...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 12:01 PM   #36
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Beautiful football right here man.

http://

This is a BEAUTIFUL pocket! If there was a possibility of pockets forming like this it'll probably have people standing in there instead of dropping back 15 yards or running to the side. Wow, thats just pretty right there.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:20 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I know you guys are not going to want to suffer through a lot of this video. Luckily you'll only need to skip to the 00:42 mark. What do you guys think of that? My only problem with it on the right side is the initial bounce animation. Left side looks pretty good. I don't like the slow set up though. But the pocket looks ok on this one. This is really what I was after here. If EA can get this pass rush script to play out more often I think it will do good for Madden 13.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:33 PM   #38
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
I don't see how they could do that and have it work without adding in new stuff.
This is just me thinking out loud here, but I remember last year some of the slider guys -- Playmakers, I believe it was -- said that if you changed certain sliders (can't remember which ones) that all of a sudden, these pass rush animations would trigger that for some reason never did on the default settings.

Now to the point that LBz is making: apparently, this stuff if already in the game running under the hood. So the fix could be as simple as adjusting slider values before the game ships so that the engaged movement and pass rush animations the slider guys saw will trigger on the factory settings.

Also to the point of getting the play set up faster. Jarodd gave me a good piece of advise last year about getting the ends up field faster. He told me to lower the speed threshold so that speed of the ends would be more pronounced against the slower linemen. So, again, it might be something as simple as adjusting a speed threshold value. Although, that would have an effect on the movement of every player... so I don't know, but I don't think this is an issue of adding stuff, but more of a tuning thing.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:44 PM   #39
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Yeah, you can see the potential for solid edge rushing in many different clips, but the dev. team just can't seem to get to that next level when tuning the animations. The "bad" interactions still play out way more than the "good" ones.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 06-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #40
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule

I know you guys are not going to want to suffer through a lot of this video. Luckily you'll only need to skip to the 00:42 mark. What do you guys think of that? My only problem with it on the right side is the initial bounce animation. Left side looks pretty good. I don't like the slow set up though. But the pocket looks ok on this one. This is really what I was after here. If EA can get this pass rush script to play out more often I think it will do good for Madden 13.
I really liked the way that looked. The edge rushers looked like they were trying to hit an aiming point once they were engaged. Although, it did look like the Right End (I'm pretty sure it was Suggs) he went right into the Left Tackle at the snap. I'm wondering if that was Madden's version of a power rush, or if that was the way the playart dictated the movement. Speaking of which, is Suggs a power move rusher, or a finesse, because I'm wondering what conditions created this?

I see that it was 2nd and 10 and the CPU was on defense. On 3rd and 10, that's where I would expect things to set up faster, but the 3rd and 10 pass rush looked too much like Madden 12. The rush got stoned right off the line. No engaged movement. The bouncing was there. They didn't get up field at all to collapse the pocket. I'm wondering what's up with that? 3rd down is where I'd expect to see what I saw on 2nd. So does that mean the 2nd down play was totally random? Would the "pass commit" have made a difference there?

I liked what I saw on 2nd down, but it's leaving me with a bit of unease, about which play (the 2nd down pass rush, or the 3rd down one) is the norm, because even in Madden 12 I would see engaged movement in the pass rush triggered from time to time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »