Home

Will we see something showing the tuning to the lineman and zig zag running?

This is a discussion on Will we see something showing the tuning to the lineman and zig zag running? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-19-2012, 12:00 AM   #17
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will we see something showing the tuning to the lineman and zig zag running?

it's a shame this has not been fixed yet. if i remember on the PS2 games there was foot planting and things like that. someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Old 06-19-2012, 12:13 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Will we see something showing the tuning to the lineman and zig zag running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNiDiTkA
Click share,embed then copy and paste the code that pops up.
Whenever I try this just comes up.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 AM   #19
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Whenever I try this just comes up.
Same thing with me bro.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:19 AM   #20
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I've noticed more and more leagues employing "left stick" rules now. Not being able to use it in the open field and when making 90 degree cuts. Instead, use the juke move. I remember in my league, when we were recruiting guys, they would complain about it. After the first season these same guys were raving about it. It made the game MUCH more realistic. An 80 yard run was now something that occurred once or twice a season for most backs instead of twice a game. Rushing stats were much more realistic. It would be great if it was configurable. The guys who want to play more of an arcade style can set their game setting to arcade and foot planting and momentum are turned off. For those of us looking for realistic football play, we can turn it on.
That's how I'm approaching it in my franchise - I use the L-Stick only for minor changes (less than 2 "numbers" on the clock, so if I'm heading 12 o'clock, 10 or 2 is the most I can change with the L-stick, otherwise, I have to use juke move to make the cut).

I agree that it really makes running the ball feel better and when I can hit a juke through a lane while making a LB or S trying to fill the hole stumble, it feels much more rewarding as well.

I'm trying to figure out a way to accelerate/decelerate by using the speed differences between cover ball, sprint, and normal running along with centering the L-stick for small fraction (sorta stutter-stuff type stuff) Nothing conclusive yet.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:20 AM   #21
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Same thing with me bro.
I found out that if you click that button with the world and the goggles it kind of works but it always has that http thing before it. Like this.
http://
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I didn't want to start a new thread because this one pretty much covers the topic but can someone get the word to Rgiles, Simfballcritic, Azzure and who ever else is headed down to Tiburon for likely the last CE about this thread.

I downloaded M10 and NCAA 11 demos to get hands on with the player movement from those games. Aside from the excellent video footage that has been provided for examples, someone(s) can hopefully get the devs to actually play these games down at Tiburon to experience the difference.

The Player movement in M10 was constricted, not in a bad way though, with NCAA 11 amazingly seeming to achieve a balance of responsiveness without the unrealistic ability to "zig-zag run". Madden 10 demo is no longer available for download on Xbox Live but NCAA 11 demo is. Anyone that gets the chance should check it out and post what you think of the movement.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I didn't want to start a new thread because this one pretty much covers the topic but can someone get the word to Rgiles, Simfballcritic, Azzure and who ever else is headed down to Tiburon for likely the last CE about this thread.

I downloaded M10 and NCAA 11 demos to get hands on with the player movement from those games. Aside from the excellent video footage that has been provided for examples, someone(s) can hopefully get the devs to actually play these games down at Tiburon to experience the difference.

The Player movement in M10 was constricted, not in a bad way though, with NCAA 11 amazingly seeming to achieve a balance of responsiveness without the unrealistic ability to "zig-zag run". Madden 10 demo is no longer available for download on Xbox Live but NCAA 11 demo is. Anyone that gets the chance should check it out and post what you think of the movement.
I'm really hoping we get to see a before and after illustrating exactly what was meant by tuning the running and line interaction.
Old 06-19-2012, 05:15 PM   #24
MVP

Only1LT's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal

Was not a fan of the Loco in Madden 11. Thought that it was still quite unrealistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »