Home

Combine NCAA and Madden games

This is a discussion on Combine NCAA and Madden games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:42 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Combine NCAA and Madden games

Sounds like something that should be encapsulated in a mode called "Connected Careers" right? But instead CC has dis-connected the NCAA career from the Madden career. I'm not happy about this either.

Should be able to have a mode in both games that ties them together, separate discs, separate games, but save info that could be shared with each other and like you said, draft prospects moving up and down throughout the year, coaches switching between levels, etc etc.

Can you imagine the money EA could make on this if they would spend the time to "connect" the two?
Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Here's another thought:

What if...EA just creates a base football game that allows for the playing style that we all crave, and via a teambuilder style website, it is completely up to us to create and add into the game what format (leagues or divisions - college style or pro-style)/teams/logos/uniforms/stadiums/players/roster ratings/equipment that we good and well choose to use?

That would be the end-all football game right there. It wouldn't have to end having a new game each season, either. They would make gameplay and uniform/stadium upgrades likely each year, too.
Although I would actually love a game like that, I don't think the masses would. The masses want the NFL and NCAA licenses, without having to create them themselves or download them.

And no way would a company only release a game once and then only send out upgrades. Not when they know the sheeple will line up once a year to shell out $60 more dollars for an upgrade of what they spent $60 on last year.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #11
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

I agree with tsp... I certainly don't want the hassle of having to create or download all of that.

As far as combining the games into one. That'll never happen. 1) as someone else said 2 seperate liscenses and 2) EA would lose alot of money cause alot of gamers aren't gonna fork out that kind of money on one title. That said, what can be done and what I would like to see them do is to close the gap between the two games so that the gameplay and user interface is basically the same in both games and add CCM to NCAA so that NCAA imports can come back. Basically, the only difference between the two games would be the presentation packages to make NCAA look, sound and feel like NCAA and Madden look, sound and feel like the NFL. Once that is done, sell the two games in a double disc package for a discounted price ($100) which wouldn't be a huge loss for EA as they'd be saving on packaging materials. But also, continue to sell them seperate at their standard $60 each. That way gamers have a choice, if they want both they can pay the $100 and save $20 or if they only want one or the other they can do that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 12:19 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 8

To me it would be more realistic if you just have both games "sync" franchises. Have the ultimate CC mode in both games. Pop one in and it reads the other ones data. A coach in your Madden franchise gets fired, the next time you fire up NCAA, he is getting hired to coach in college.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:20 AM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

It won't happen legal, programming disk space nightmare. Frankly I am glad think about it if 1 game sucks both games suck. The only benefit I see is not having to slide in two different disk. Given we can't even import any more I don't see why this is even a question at this point.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:33 AM   #14
MVP

CT Pitbull's Arena

OVR: 9

now this OP has a great idea....but we may never see something like that...maybe next gen...if it was done right i would pay 120$ for that
Old 06-22-2012, 08:19 AM   #15
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Here's another thought:

What if...EA just creates a base football game that allows for the playing style that we all crave, and via a teambuilder style website, it is completely up to us to create and add into the game what format (leagues or divisions - college style or pro-style)/teams/logos/uniforms/stadiums/players/roster ratings/equipment that we good and well choose to use?

That would be the end-all football game right there. It wouldn't have to end having a new game each season, either. They would make gameplay and uniform/stadium upgrades likely each year, too.
What about people who don't have Internet?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #16
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

This will never happen. It's far more likely that EA would stop making NCAA altogether due to ballooning licensing costs, in my opinion.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »