Home

Combine NCAA and Madden games

This is a discussion on Combine NCAA and Madden games within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #1
Rookie

Von Jenkins's Arena

OVR: 19
Combine NCAA and Madden games

I think it would be really cool if they could assimilate the two games into one experience. You would be playing your college games and NFL games in one experience. Coaches leaving the college team they built for the "greener" grass of the NFL. The coach figures out he isn't having the success he wants and leaves to go back to the college football scene. Having something similar to the Mel Kiper Big Board and watch as NCAA players draft stock goes up or down during the course of the season whether it be from injuries, awards or consistent great play against quality competition. I know that there is plenty more ideas that can be listed.

Your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #2
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: Combine NCAA and Madden games

This is something we'd have to wait for next-gen to see most likely. Though, I don't agree with time/coding restraint excuses from the Madden team this year, what I do agree with is that they couldn't allow us a proper two-games-in-one coded game just yet. Two-in-one does seem like a stretch for what disc space is allowed thus far.

Now, would I love this...YES...not even a hesitation to spend $120 (combined price of two games) for it. There will have to be set points of starting out, though. You'd have to be able to play NCAA and not have to go to the NFL if you choose...or just play the NFL, not having to play NCAA if you choose. Via using the CCM based program as is now supposed to be so much easier...maybe this is still possible, but I don't feel 100% about it. I think what we end up with is lots of arguing between developer team heads as to whose code/program wins out.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #3
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

Not enough disk space.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #4
Rookie

Von Jenkins's Arena

Agreed. It would need to be a multi-disc project.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #5
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Then the game would be $100 or so dollars which a lot of us do not have at once for a game.

EA would never do this IMO, they would lose too much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
Rookie

Von Jenkins's Arena

That would be a lot of money upfront and would potentially be very harmful. I think they should keep both games separate because not everyone likes both NCAA and Madden. But if there was a better way to assimilate the two into one experience. What if it would be something similar to Call of Duty Elite. With the purchase of EA Season Pass, they could have a website setup to integrate the NCAA and Madden games (NCAA 12 with Madden 12 or NCAA 13 with Madden 13).
Old 06-21-2012, 11:08 AM   #7
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Here's another thought:

What if...EA just creates a base football game that allows for the playing style that we all crave, and via a teambuilder style website, it is completely up to us to create and add into the game what format (leagues or divisions - college style or pro-style)/teams/logos/uniforms/stadiums/players/roster ratings/equipment that we good and well choose to use?

That would be the end-all football game right there. It wouldn't have to end having a new game each season, either. They would make gameplay and uniform/stadium upgrades likely each year, too.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:24 AM   #8
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

2 separate licenses = Never gonna happen

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »