Home

Madden 13 Player Rating Reveal?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Player Rating Reveal? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 12:01 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden 13 Player Rating Reveal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@Purple how many of those guys aren't gonna be in the hof? they are all great players in their prime years.

megatron also having a 99 ovr doesn't mean he is on the same level as rice. 99 is just the point that ovr stops going up. i remember one year someone went through the ratings for ray lewis( 99 at the time) and another LB( was rated a 98 i think). they saw that ray would have been 4 ovr points higher than the other LB, based on the differences in their individual ratings.
Some of them probably will be in the HOF, I know I know, guys like prime have 99 in many categories where as Revis may be worse but OVR "the same". I just don't see any justifications for handing out so many high ratings. It really depleted the excitement of legends, in addition I don't really see a difference between a guy with 95 elusiveness or 99, or 99 stiff arm and 95.

I want to be able to feel and see a difference between Reggie Bush, LeSean McCoy and Barry Sanders. Frankly I don't think that the difference is that large between any of those players. Numerically or how they act on the Madden field.

The game has limitations and one of those being ratings and how they affect the gameplay, I know jerry rice is a better 99 than Megatron and the same goes for most of the legends, but some of them like Michael irvin will be less effective because the "important ratings" aren't as good for him [only 93 speed, sheesh].
Old 06-27-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
Rookie

StanleyStutters's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
I thought they released half a division at a time in the past? Either way, I hope it's soon! On the topic of player ratings, and for the sake of fun, I am going to predict the top 10 rated players in the game (not including legends).

1) Aaron Rodgers - 99

2) Sebastian Janikowski - 99

3) Darrelle Revis - 99

4) Tom Brady - 99

5) Calvin Johnson - 99

6) Rob Gronkowski - 98

7) Terrell Suggs - 98

8) Jared Allen - 97

9) Drew Brees - 97

10) Demarcus Ware - 96

What do you guys think?
I hope your right about those two, but I think you rated them a little too high. I think we'll see Brady in the 96-98 range and Gronk should be in the 94-96 range. I wouldn't be surprised if they rank Graham as the best TE even though Gronk is the most complete TE in the league right now.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 AM   #19
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

I think the ratings are going to be alot lower than people think. I think 99s are going to be hard to come by even high 90s. If you go back and look at headcoach 09 Vernon davis was rated a 65 to 69 depending on how you wanted to play him and type of offense you ran. In madden 09 if I remember right he was in the 80s. many players were rated much lower so over the years you would not have abunch of teams with players in the 90s. So I am hoping they make madden 13 the same way with those ratings. They have already said players ratings will change when in different systems and schemes.
Old 06-27-2012, 07:01 AM   #20
Rookie

the ratings in madden have gotten much better over the last few years. I remember after Madden 09 came out I talked to Donny Moore about the ridiculous ratings inflation. I had gone back to Madden 2001-2003 and averaged the number of players who were 90+ overall in the game, and it was something around 16 total players, compared to Madden 09 where there were like 45 players or something that were 90+. He claimed that M10 would have much lower ratings due to a new direction for the franchise, and sure enough he was right. Thankfully.

I do think that there should be some guys in the league now who are 99 ovr, because each year's madden is a snapshot of the current league. Right now, IMO Aaron Rodgers is a 99. Is he as good as Barry Sanders who is also a 99? No, but I think that Barry Sanders' 99 rating is representative of his entire career, that's why he is a legend. Rodgers' 99 is representative of last season, and what we think he will do this year. So they are both 99's, but the rating is saying entirely different things about those players.

With all of that being said, I have always advocated for ratings to be realistic, so that using two different players actually feels different, not identical. I think they have made progress on this, and I look forward to this year's player ratings as another step in the right direction.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Old 06-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
I thought they released half a division at a time in the past? Either way, I hope it's soon! On the topic of player ratings, and for the sake of fun, I am going to predict the top 10 rated players in the game (not including legends).

1) Aaron Rodgers - 99

2) Sebastian Janikowski - 99

3) Darrelle Revis - 99

4) Tom Brady - 99

5) Calvin Johnson - 99

6) Rob Gronkowski - 98

7) Terrell Suggs - 98

8) Jared Allen - 97

9) Drew Brees - 97

10) Demarcus Ware - 96

What do you guys think?
Throw 10 more elite players in there and that should be the TOTAL amount of 90s in the entire game.

Most players are rated WAY WAY too high.

68-70 should be the average NFL player/starter rating.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?2tnn41
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM   #22
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

Back to the original topic...

Has there been any word anywhere about the actual ratings being revealed???
Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM   #23
Banned

MaddenNFL13's Arena

OVR: 4

Here a clue when madden nfl 13 player ratings will probably be revealed in August. Madden NFL 12 player ratings was announced August 1st 2011.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:46 PM   #24
The Legendary Roots Crew

Sublime12089's Arena

OVR: 10

Also keep in mind that the player ratings are different depending on what team they are on (based on my understanding, unless that is just in CCM)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »