Home

Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #33
MVP

sva91's Arena

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signaltheescape
Dude you need to look at the history book. Barry is top 3 but Jim Brown set records most are still trying to break and did it all in 9 seasons. Need to watch him to say he is the best ever. Barry has a loyal fan base cause he is the most recent great running back, that's why he won the poll. Watch Jim Brown and tell me Barry is better.
Barry is better. Jim Brown played against a handful of lbs who ran sub 4.6, Barry played against LBs that prob avg 4.6 or better. Point I'm making, defensive speed has improved drastically over the years. Barry would get yards out of nothing. I grew up a Dal fan, and I'll be the first to tell you that Barry was head and shoulders better than Emmitt.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by sva91
Barry is better. Jim Brown played against a handful of lbs who ran sub 4.6, Barry played against LBs that prob avg 4.6 or better. Point I'm making, defensive speed has improved drastically over the years. Barry would get yards out of nothing. I grew up a Dal fan, and I'll be the first to tell you that Barry was head and shoulders better than Emmitt.
Dude. If Jim brown played TODAY he would still rush for close to 2K yds and STILL be stronger and have a bigger attitude than any player today... And back it up.

Watch some films and then get back to me.

I have nothing but respect for Barry and Payton. But their fame today has alot to do with the fact no one really followed or even knew some of the greats from many years ago...Taylor and Marion motley as well were reduculous and would also be bangers today.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qzhd5l
Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 PM   #35
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Dude. If Jim brown played TODAY he would still rush for close to 2K yds and STILL be stronger and have a bigger attitude than any player today... And back it up.

Watch some films and then get back to me.

I have nothing but respect for Barry and Payton. But their fame today has alot to do with the fact no one really followed or even knew some of the greats from many years ago...Taylor and Marion motley as well were reduculous and would also be bangers today.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?qzhd5l
I'm sorry but, Athletes evolve. A ton of the older greats would struggle in today's league and that goes for any sport.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #36
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 13 Screenshots - Barry Sanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNoVa27
I'm sorry but, Athletes evolve. A ton of the older greats would struggle in today's league and that goes for any sport.....
The greats are timeless, my man. Jim Brown was 6'3", 240 lbs. with near world-class speed. That translates to any era. Same deal with Gale Sayers, or a Dick Butkus, or a Joe Greene. There's not a one of those guys that couldn't line up today.

And to the point about evolution: athletes evolve because training evolves. There's no reason to think that if Jim Brown or Deacon Jones could have played in this era of modern science with year-round conditioning that they wouldn't be even better than they were. If you can play, you can play. I don't think that the era a guy played in should be a knock against him. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Senator Palmer; 06-23-2012 at 06:39 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:52 PM   #37
Rookie

PackerBacker123's Arena

OVR: 6
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^^^ ^^
couldn't of said it better myself, well done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »