Home

Breakout Speed

This is a discussion on Breakout Speed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 01:25 AM   #33
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Breakout Speed

is there a way to let the developers know about this, so that maybe it can be fixed for madden 13?
Old 06-27-2012, 01:03 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple28Pedestrian
DTs are surprisingly quick these days lol. Agreed, worst part is that it's more effective to glide away rather than scramble.
Yea and I think thats a main issue. The fact that guys like Vicks explosiveness isn't represented properly in the pocket.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermark
Yup. Watch the second video at 17:48. Its not possible in the NFL so it shouldn't be possible in Madden. Eagles fan and I have NEVER in my life seen Desean Jackson caught from behind (other than the 2 weeks he was playing with a sprained ankle and would just catch the ball and go out of bounds).

He wasn't caught from behind. Barry Church took a pursuit angle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #36
Rookie

Ronnie brown23's Arena

on that play that was just a pursuit angle, but there have been times while i was playing madden 12 where i've seen fast guys struggle to gain separation from linebackers in the open field
Old 06-29-2012, 11:41 PM   #37
Pro

OVR: 9

The pursuit angle doesn't exactly work for the adrian peterson video as the DT chased him down from like 50 yards away.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:49 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

I think a big problem with Madden is the fact that you don't have to sacrifice speed when you move from side to side when your running upfield and that's why you see the zig zag running and people coming from the other side of the field to catch you. Using the Adrian Peterson video as an example not only does Adrian have a speed advantage of like 20 points over that DT, he is running a straight line up the field which is a shorter distance than the DT has to run since he's running at an angle, so AP should CLEARLY be burning this man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »