Home

Madden 13 Video Community Day Roundtable Sim Standard vs Tourney style

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Video Community Day Roundtable Sim Standard vs Tourney style within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #529
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 13 Video Community Day Roundtable Sim Standard vs Tourney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldas
I never care about these
On behalf of all the posters on OS, thank you for this valuable input.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #530
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 13 Video Community Day Roundtable Sim Standard vs Tourney style

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUEagle

The above is a great example of an option concept that should be represented in the game (but really isn't).

On a related note, everyone's familiar with the Z Spot concept out of Doubles, correct? I'm talking about the one where the TE, Flanker, and HB execute the Spot concept while the two wide receivers to the other side run a Hitch and an In route.

Anyway, that Hitch should be an option route. That side is designed to be worked if the defense plays Cover 2, since Z Spot isn't a great play against that coverage if a wall linebacker cuts off the Spot route in real life.

Frankly, there's a ton of plays in Madden that should have multiple option type components built in that lack them. I suspect it's because the playbook guys just draw stuff verbatim when they see it on tape without researching the play thoroughly. As an example, take the Dig routes where the receivers initially go inside a few steps (i.e. Stem release) before bursting upfield: they do that against an inside leverage corner (Press or Off) to try to square him up so he can't fall back in and make a play. It's not something they do every play no matter what. Unfortunately, you would have no way of knowing that if your only exposure to football is Madden.
I agree 100%. These are the little nuances that NEED to be in a football game. WR's don't run their routes in a straight line every play, totally depends on the DB leverage.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »