Home

DB Swat drill

This is a discussion on DB Swat drill within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2003, 12:31 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: DB Swat drill

I think the overall rating of the DB plays a very big part in this drill unlike a lot of the others. I've noticed with a 90+ CB like Chris McAlister I can get gold everytime no problem. But I drafted a rookie CB with a rating of 69 and I have to work hard even to get a bronze.

I think it's the most frustrating drill because I'll jump with the DB and he'll swat the wrong way or other stupid things.
Old 10-14-2003, 02:44 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:

CM1847 said:
on rookie the target on the front right of the screen is really hard for me to intercept, i usually end up missing it if i try to catch it. so i almost always hit the swat button when it's passed there and hit the catch button everywhere else. it's annoying that you have to put together a long streak of successful defends in a row to get the gold, but it can be done

My LITTLE brother taught me this one.....

You have to break on the ball as it's getting there, you can't just sit and wait for that one to get there. If you do that, your player will likely miss the ball. Just wait kinda behind it but to the left of it and when the ball gets within the vicinity, jump up there and your player should do that jump straight up animation with his hands stuck straight up in the air to pick it off. You can pretty much wait for the ball to get there for the other two targets.

Hope I didn't confuse anyone, I'll elaborate even more if I need to
Old 10-15-2003, 10:40 AM   #11
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Ok so how about on the harder levels of this drill. Damn things are spread out to far and I see no way possible to get to the ball on every one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:

ochoco said:
Ok so how about on the harder levels of this drill. Damn things are spread out to far and I see no way possible to get to the ball on every one.

You probably need to swat the back ones and the front one on the right side...... because catch animations take longer to recover from than than swat animations.... IF you are in a position where you would get 60 or 80 points for a pick, then you can shoot for it on the back ones....

You should go for the catch for the middle one and the near left one every time.

*edit* at least 95% of the time.... not every time.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »