Home

Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #25
Rookie

kalimmortal's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden 13 Community Day Impressions by Sim and Smitty of TSS

i'm waitin' till Madden 14...

no co-op mode..in CCM

no fantasy draft..in CCM

no roster editing..in CCM

no importing of draft classes..into CCM

but it's good to hear Madden is movin' in the right direction...

once they make a completed, polished, full video game..then i'll consider buyin' it....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 PM   #26
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Doubtful that I will be able to enjoy the game this year, too many changes that I dont like but I respect the new team for going in the direction they believe in. hopefully they can stay the course for years to come.

As far as TSS goes, I'm sure EA paid the fare and lodging for the Fellas to go to E3. tough decision, I dont blame them, everybody has their price.

just sayin....
Old 06-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #27
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56
Doubtful that I will be able to enjoy the game this year, too many changes that I dont like but I respect the new team for going in the direction they believe in. hopefully they can stay the course for years to come.

As far as TSS goes, I'm sure EA paid the fare and lodging for the Fellas to go to E3. tough decision, I dont blame them, everybody has their price.

just sayin....
Wow.. just wow.
No class....

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 06-27-2012, 09:20 PM   #28
Pro

Super Glock's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by db56

just sayin....
Yes db56 I'm sure that is why TSS had a positive take on the game. Give me a freaking break. Anyways I enjoyed this video, good stuff.
Old 06-27-2012, 09:55 PM   #29
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Actually "they" have never said that about Madden. Because "they" were never invited to EA in the past and "they" are the members of The Sim Standard and "they" said Madden 11& 12 were garbage.
For the record, I think both of these guys owned and enjoyed 12 despite its shortcomings.

I can't remember if they liked 11 tho, if they did I just lost all respect for them. j/k

I do have to agree with the guys saying I've never seen this game play drastically different from the vids that get released. I think people who enjoyed 12 will think this game is the best ever. I don't see it changing the minds of the guys who weren't pleased with 12 tho.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #30
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreFacTor
.::Spoiler Alert::.

A 15 minute video to say..."We can't say anything because of NDA...but Madden 13 is GREAT"

SMH
Video Illustration Below:

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-27-2012, 10:08 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
For the record, I think both of these guys owned and enjoyed 12 despite its shortcomings.
Actually, it was either Azure of one of the two above from TSS that gave 12 a 4/10 and this years a 8.5/10.

Don't think that is enjoying 12.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-27-2012, 10:23 PM   #32
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

I finally listened to the video and I want to commend the guys for their poise in encouraging everyone to "try it for themselves" and "make their own decision". That may seem minor to some but I think it's important to fight the natural tendency to get someone as excited as you are, deserved or not. Also liked that Smitty thought so lowly of M12 but felt in his opinion M13 was a marked improvement.

All that said, I want to give a little suggestion to all CE attendees and EAGCs, for what it's worth. Reasonable people initially don't blame or expect any of you guys to somehow force anyone's hand into making Madden better. They understand that at the end of the day what ultimately happens with Madden is not your decision. However, even though you all have the chance to meet the people behind the game personally, you should be careful about expressing those personal impressions to others that have not met them, imo.

Reason being that there have likely been other personable people working on next-gen Madden in the past committed to making a better game too but that didn't translate into Madden being better than it was. I personally like to hear what you guys told them, how they responded, what they told you, how you responded and what you personally thought of the game, leaving the rest to be determined by the game itself. That way even if, Lord forbid, Madden 15 is still not "that game", for whatever reason, no reasonable person will associate you guys or even the personas you expressed about the devs, as somehow being misleading.

Just my two cents but anyway, I am ready for CC and if game play is actually that improved, that just extra for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »