Home

The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

This is a discussion on The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: The community wants better sideline models in Madden vote for it here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrprice33
Oh really?

Make, model, price, please?
I did a dxdiag to get the info from in the other post. I did it again.

This is straight off the dxdiag
GeForce GT 220 4050 MB.

I don't remember the price.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #74
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Again I disagree because we don't no how much "worse" it would look and I think that's the key. Living sidelines and M06 graphics, I agree would upset the user base but living sidelines with M10-M11 graphics, I think there would be far less users upset with that tradeoff.
I guess if you go with a living sideline. We are talking animations, logic, and physics. It may take a big hit on the field and player graphics, maybe to big of a hit for some.

Me personally I have no problems with that a hit on graphics, if I can get better animations and a living sideline for those that want it.
Old 06-28-2012, 03:56 PM   #75
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
I did a dxdiag to get the info from in the other post. I did it again.

This is straight off the dxdiag
GeForce GT 220 4050 MB.

I don't remember the price.
Well hey, good to research and learn something new every day. That card has a high VRAM, to be sure, but the combination of speed and bandwidth makes it a pretty terrible card. Probably not more powerful than the graphics the 360 can push, despite being 3 to 4 years younger.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-review-test/1

this relates to the 512 mb version, but the thought process remains the same.

Which games do you play using this card, and at what settings? The benchmarks for Diablo 3 list it as being one that should be played on the lowest setting. That's integrated-gpu level graphic power.

Last edited by mrprice33; 06-28-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 04:05 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
Well hey, good to research and learn something new every day. That card has a high VRAM, to be sure, but the combination of speed and bandwidth makes it a pretty terrible card. Probably not more powerful than the graphics the 360 can push, despite being 3 to 4 years younger.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-review-test/1

this relates to the 512 mb version, but the thought process remains the same.

Which games do you play using this card, and at what settings? The benchmarks for Diablo 3 list it as being one that should be played on the lowest setting. That's integrated-gpu level graphic power.
I play most games. Most of the Bethesda games. And I usually put it at a high settings w/o any real problems. But the beauty is, I can upgrade the graphics card if I want. Good luck doing that with a console. And I can do a lot more with my PC besides gaming.

I told you it was an inexpensive card. I can always get a better one.

PC's > consoles.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:10 PM   #77
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
I play most games. Most of the Bethesda games. And I usually put it at a high settings w/o any real problems. But the beauty is, I can upgrade the graphics card if I want. Good luck doing that with a console. And I can do a lot more with my PC besides gaming.

I told you it was an inexpensive card. I can always get a better one.

PC's > consoles.
And my PC>your PC. How does that change the matter at hand?
Old 06-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
And my PC>your PC. How does that change the matter at hand?
It doesn't. All I said was, PC's > Consoles because PC's don't have the limitations consoles have. For the life of me, I don't know why you were trying to dispute that.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:18 PM   #79
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

Quote:
It doesn't. All I said was, PC's > Consoles because PC's don't have the limitations consoles have. For the life of me, I don't know why you were trying to dispute that.
LMAO your initial point was that your 8gb of system ram meant that your PC was better than a 360, which shows a complete and utter lack of understanding for how system architecture works. Then, you said that you have a "fairly inexpensive" 4gb card that is basically as powerful as my wife's lenovo laptop, with the insinuation that the 360, despite being more capable than your system and coming out 7 YEARS PRIOR, should somehow be better.

Your computer couldn't run Madden as it is now, and if you were actually a software designer (which I'm beginning to doubt, unless you do the bulk of your work on a Tandy), you would know more than you actually do.

So stop it.
Old 06-28-2012, 04:24 PM   #80
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
It depends on what you consider to be the problem with the animations. If you don't feel that there are enough animations, then maybe. If you feel that the animations are choppy and don't flow well together, then maybe not.

I understand system architecture more than I understand the actual coding process. There could be something with their renderer that affects the quality of the animations, or there could just be animations that aren't stitched together properly. It's hard to say.
Thank you for your time and response. I appreciate it. I was really hoping this was the case. It would explain why the aniamtions seem robotic, and not natural.

Well hopefully Madden will step it's game up in the animation department. Time will tell.

I sent you a PM on another question and was hoping you can assist. Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »