Home

For Those Who Are NOT Buying Madden 13

This is a discussion on For Those Who Are NOT Buying Madden 13 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #9
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: For Those Who Are NOT Buying Madden 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just some friendly advice guys. Give Madden 13 a shot by playing a friends copy or rental.

It may really surprise you, and introduce a whole new way of playing the game.

I know it is tough losing the features we are so accustomed to playing, but I learned to not let my anger make my decsions. Give things a shot with a open mind , and then judge from the actual experience. Trust me I'm very upset about what was taken out.

I just dont want to see you guys cheat yourself, and may miss out on something fun.
Honestly, although I'm a franchise guy, I also like to play online so gameplay and presentation are also important to me. I like playing against other real players as opposed to the computer all the time. It's just that offline franchise mode is what provides longevity for me with Madden because I can play that mode whenever I want and customize it to my liking with the editing. My friends aren't always online the same time as me, or I may get interrupted while playing an online game and can't finish. Also, I get bored with just playing head to head sometimes. Sometimes I want something that is more immersive that I can control all aspects of.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:18 PM   #10
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Just some friendly advice guys. Give Madden 13 a shot by playing a friends copy or rental.

I know it is tough losing the features we are so accustomed to playing, but I learned to not let my anger make my decsions. Give things a shot with a open mind , and then judge from the actual experience. Trust me I'm very upset about what was taken out.

I just dont want to see you guys cheat yourself, and may miss out on something fun.
I have two blogs up you may want to read - one how I could maybe enjoy the game - one how I likely won't because of the editing gone. I think they are both reasonable and worthy reads.

http://www.operationsports.com/cutti...joy-madden-13/

http://www.operationsports.com/cutti...dden/#comments
Old 06-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #11
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12

Since I am not going to play NCAA 13, I decided to buy MLB 2k12 for PC. It is likely to be the last PC baseball game in a very long time. There are already a ton of great mods, so I've been having a lot of fun so far.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #12
Rookie

Stacks's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenmad
I'm in the same boat as you. This is the first time I haven't bought Madden in a really long time. Hopefully everything will be back for 2014 though. Till then, I'm sticking with '12.

I like MLB the Show too, but I never could get into it like I do with Madden. I don't follow baseball like I used to or like I follow football so I don't play it like I do with Madden. Not to mention, I can't hit at all in that game so yet another reason that I always eventually go back to playing Madden. But the franchise mode is pretty nice and the ability to customize and edit everything makes it so much better. That's why I am at least happy that they added that to Madden '12 so I can edit everything and update within a season. I spent a lot of time working on NCAA rosters for the 2012 draft class, so I'm actually pretty excited to get a whole year to play with them.
Hitting is very, very difficult in MLB the Show if you're a beginner. It took me months upon months to get better at it, but once you do get better, it is so rewarding hitting that home run or walk off hit to win the game. I wasn't a huge baseball fan either, but the game actually got me into watching baseball and now I love it!
Old 06-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #13
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I have two blogs up you may want to read - one how I could maybe enjoy the game - one how I likely won't because of the editing gone. I think they are both reasonable and worthy reads.

http://www.operationsports.com/cutti...joy-madden-13/
That first link gave me an idea. If you were to really have patience, you could play along with the real NFL. Each week of your season would go along with the real season. The only score that would not be the same would be the game you play.

This would get trick starting wit the second week of the playoffs, but I'm sure something could be worked out.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #14
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
That first link gave me an idea. If you were to really have patience, you could play along with the real NFL. Each week of your season would go along with the real season. The only score that would not be the same would be the game you play.

This would get trick starting wit the second week of the playoffs, but I'm sure something could be worked out.
I played my sports games this way for years. I play when they play. It feels like a RPG and gives the game longevity.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 24

NHL 13. I've been following that game's developement moreso than Madden.

I'll probably rent Madden though, just to see for myself how good/bad it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2012, 12:38 PM   #16
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:

i'll probly do the EA sports ticket again this yr u get play game's for 4 days... so i'll be d/ling NCAA on 15 since they say alot of whats in madden 13 is in ncaa except the engine so i'll get test out the new passing system and if i see any super lber's i'll just past on madden without even d/ling it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »