Home

Had to put Madden away for a while

This is a discussion on Had to put Madden away for a while within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2003, 10:46 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Had to put Madden away for a while

Can you people read? My original post said nothing of passing with a big lead. i was running with the lead and my all pro running back fumbled. The LB ran 90 yards the other way (yes a LB outran my whole team). On the next kick off my all pro returner fumbled for another TD On the next series I was passing because it was 3rd and 10. Two straight runs for no gain agianst a super up d line who crushed my o line back. I was sacked because my right tackle stood still and fumbled again. I play on All Madden with normal sliders. Bad luck maybe. It is funny how some losers on this post think they are Mr. Football. That they are so much smarter than everone else. Instead of ripping on other posts why not try to make a useful comment. Someone said that comebacks happen both way. i agree. I have had my share too. But when it is obvious the CPU wants something it will get it. 3 and out OK. But fumble, fumble and fumble is not right.

I also wrote I was putting the game down for a while not quitting. If you have read any of my posts you will know I am a big Madden fan. But when i almost three the controller through the TV in knoew it was time to take soem time off.

Old 10-14-2003, 10:56 PM   #18
Pro

Jake- I just read you post and realize you must be a video game freak and not an athlete. "Anyone who knows football ......" was your quote. Are you a coach. Are you Mr. Football. If you played were you player/coach? Who decided you know football and anyone who blows a lead sucks. Does Jon Gruden suck for playing prevent? Did you call you for advice? I have seen games where a backup QB comes in and passes with a 28 point lead. Just to get some reps in. Usually in any real game that lead is gold. Maybe it was a screen pass. My point is that you should just read the posts and stop getting so excited. Read my post. I was listening to you (Mr. Video Game Football) and running the ball. Should I have passed because I was in the red zone. Should I have not tried to run the kickoff back? Should I have punted on 1st down to prevent a sack and a TD. Please tell us all Mr. Vidoe Game Football.
Old 10-15-2003, 07:08 AM   #19
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

dano said:
Jake- I just read you post and realize you must be a video game freak and not an athlete. "Anyone who knows football ......" was your quote. Are you a coach. Are you Mr. Football. If you played were you player/coach? Who decided you know football and anyone who blows a lead sucks. Does Jon Gruden suck for playing prevent? Did you call you for advice? I have seen games where a backup QB comes in and passes with a 28 point lead. Just to get some reps in. Usually in any real game that lead is gold. Maybe it was a screen pass. My point is that you should just read the posts and stop getting so excited. Read my post. I was listening to you (Mr. Video Game Football) and running the ball. Should I have passed because I was in the red zone. Should I have not tried to run the kickoff back? Should I have punted on 1st down to prevent a sack and a TD. Please tell us all Mr. Vidoe Game Football.

Yes actually I am a football coach, and i played football and baseball in college so i am an athlete! I still play baseball once a week and basketball about 5 times a week!
And yes i am a video game freak too. I am just tired of people like you constantly complaining about Madden and every other video game for that matter! Either just play the game and shut up or move on with your life! People like you have been b_tching about the comeback bug since that game came out and I have never seen it! Dont blame your bad play on a comeback bug. AND COMPARED TO YOU I GUESS I AM MR VIDEO FOOTBALL CAUSE I HAVE NEVER LOST A LEAD OF MORE THAN 14 EVER IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-15-2003, 09:23 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

dano said:
Can you people read? My original post said nothing of passing with a big lead.

Dano ... I don't think the posts related to passing with a big lead were directed at you. I believe they were intended for another poster who had a 35-7 lead and indicated that the score changed to 35-14 lead via an interception. This would indicate that he was passing. Though, he may have been passing on a third and long to try and keep a drive alive. I don't really know, so I cannot comment there.

Anyway, I have also blown leads (not of the 35-7 variety though, thankfully). If a comback happens, I usually run into trouble when I'm up by 7-10 points late in the fourth. I've blown some of these leads, but I've also comeback from some of these leads.

I too have seen back to back fumbles ... but not back to back to back (that hurts). I do the same thing when I get frustrated ... walk away. I play a different game for awhile. Funny, how I keep coming back though

Take care. Happy gaming!!
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 AM   #21
Pro

Yeah, my post about passing with a 35-7 lead in the 4th with 2min left was directed to CHWildcats, not dano. Even if it's 3rd and long I'd still run the ball and either make them waste a TO or run the clock down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2003, 11:22 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:

eugreene2 said:
Here we go again, more people who don't know how to hold leads. This stuff never happens to me. In fact, I was down 27-14 in the NFC Championship game going into the 4th quarter and came back to tie & win in overtime.

of course you didn't experience the comeback code - you were winning.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:01 PM   #23
Pro

Jake,

I envy you. You do it all and have never lost a 4th quarter lead in a video game. Wow! impressive. But it seems with all of the coaching you missed too much school because you can't seem to read. this is a forum where WE can write about both positive and negative things WE see in our opinion. If YOU don't like it then maybe you should stay away from this site.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:58 AM   #24
Go Hogs

Redbird's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

jake44np said:
Quote:

dano said:

Yes actually I am a football coach, and i played football and baseball in college so i am an athlete! I still play baseball once a week and basketball about 5 times a week!
And yes i am a video game freak too. I am just tired of people like you constantly complaining about Madden and every other video game for that matter! Either just play the game and shut up or move on with your life! People like you have been b_tching about the comeback bug since that game came out and I have never seen it! Dont blame your bad play on a comeback bug. AND COMPARED TO YOU I GUESS I AM MR VIDEO FOOTBALL CAUSE I HAVE NEVER LOST A LEAD OF MORE THAN 14 EVER IN THE 4TH QUARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jake,
There are those who are tired of hearing you bash others for making observations about a video game. You act as if they have attacked you personally.

As for being a football coach, evidently you haven't been coaching very long if you haven't ever lost a lead of 14 in the fourth quarter. As for video games go I wish that I could play against you because I believe that I could humble you.

I advise you to follow your own advise, "read the posts and shutup or go on with your life!" There are those who do not care what you "Mr Video Football" has never seen.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »