Home

Old Madden=New Madden

This is a discussion on Old Madden=New Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2012, 10:17 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 11
Re: Old Madden=New Madden

For those who are checking out the '08 PC version, here's a nice tip I came across:

When I first started playing it, I thought it played much faster than I remember it being on the original xbox/ps2 versions. It turns out the game doesn't like dual (or more) core processors. To remedy this:

Start the Task Manager
Find the process "mainapp.exe"
Right click on it and select "set affinity"
Uncheck all of the CPU cores beyond the first one

Now the game-speed is slower and feels more like it did before.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
Just yesterday I purchased Madden 08 for the PC on Amazon as a download. With the graphics settings all the way up, it looks gorgeous compared to the ps2 and original xbox versions. I downloaded updated rosters and a franchise editor so I'm set if Madden 13 ends up a disappointment. I'm an offline franchise player and the UFA bug last year just killed it for me.
Madden 08 on PC to this day is still the best Madden released as far as gameplay and body animations go! Its amazing how a game that is 5 years older then the current one can have so much better running animations! I like where Madden 13 is headed but until they 100% completely redo the running animations it will remain very awkward looking in motion

I really wish EA would had kept the same running animations from PC/PS2/Xbox when EA released PS3 and Xbox 360 versions.

I am preying we will finally see brand new running animations that compare very close if not even better to what we had in PS2/PC/Xbox versions when Madden 14 is released next year!

Botton line for me until Madden improves its running animations to match or beat last gen I can not get very excited for new Madden releases at all.

Last edited by tnixen; 07-04-2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #11
Rookie

xTriiipZx's Arena

OVR: 5

I still have the Madden with Vince Young on the cover for PC. (I think it's 08... too lazy to check)

It's AMAZING the things you can do with the PC version of the game. If I wasn't an online player, I would still play that game.

The customization and tools that are available for the PC game are unreal. Completely updated rosters... you can change the schedules in franchise... everything. It's awesome really.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

Its funny how these games had a multitude of issues on this generation and people are acting like these games were gems. Last generation was the last of the great Maddens. Madden 08 is not going to better than 12 or 13...
Old 07-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #13
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
Its funny how these games had a multitude of issues on this generation and people are acting like these games were gems. Last generation was the last of the great Maddens. Madden 08 is not going to better than 12 or 13...
Apparently you are unaware that Madden 06, 07 and 08 for the PC ARE the last gen versions of Madden... but with more options.

Last edited by PGaither84; 07-04-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
It all really depends what system you're playing it on. That's what I figured out. If you look at Madden 09 for PS3, the game is way worse than the Madden 09 for the original Xbox. It just depends...

Last edited by wat3; 07-04-2012 at 12:11 PM. Reason: mis interoreted the qoute

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »