Home

The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

This is a discussion on The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 10:25 PM   #1201
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
....Why did I include that list? Because if any of those ideas get in I'm going to be reading your ideas about them. I don't know everything (does anyone?) but I don't like going into anything unprepared. I've read a massive amount of football literature in the past year trying to increase my real life football knowledge base, but there are still gaps in my understanding that I'm going to need help to fill. That's where you guys come in.

All that said, I'll answer any question I'm comfortable answering, as long as people don't troll me too much. Honestly my tolerance for arguing is very low (I'm used to just banning people who irritate me) but I understand the culture on OS is a bit different that on TSO so I'm trying to learn to be more patient and not take things personally so much. Bear with me.
Thanks for that entire post and I especially appreciate the bold man. I think that's all reasonable people want is some patience and information when trying to understand what's going on with EA football and how we can hopefully improve the realism for it.

Your point about a few of you guys working to improve the recruit classes seems to give credence to my suggestion that for whatever reason, the devs don't seem to be able to always address and/or miss the details. If that is the reality, so be it but is it possible for ALL EAGCs to make a commitment to make an effort for "picking up the slack" in a sense? Meaning, like you seem to be saying, discuss these things with the community at large, for getting them addressed when you guys are at Tiburon.

For example, DCEBB and others, would be great to interact with about NFL data based ratings, along with a wealth of slider gurus around OS to talk with about tuning a factory "simulation" setting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 10:30 PM   #1202
Banned

DukeC's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

NCAA has an accelerated clock...for your offense. Two users would have to mutually agree to use the Chew Clock feature. You can activate that by pressing the LB button during the playcall screen which goes to adustments. Then you scroll down to Tempo and change it to Conservative which activates Chew Clock.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:35 PM   #1203
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Not true this year.

This OS forum has been screaming for more and better pass trajectories and they are implementing that this year.

This OS forum has been screaming for a physics engine and they are implementing that this year.

This OS forum has been screaming for more and better pass trajectories and are implementing that this year.

This OS forum has been screaming for an online franchise mode similar to offline franchise mode and they are implementing that this year.

This OS forum has been screaming for a deeper, richer and immersive offline franchise mode and they are implementing that this year.

(And yes, before anyone who is reading this doesn't think I know we've been screaming about other things, ie momentum, ol/dl, penalties, etc.... I'm well aware of that, too.) All of us want a realistic NFL playing game.

There are no surprises this year, we know what's in and what's out.
This reminds me of when Madden 10 came out and people realised protak wasn't very good. EA fans would chastize the critics with a "you guys wanted consectutive hit tackles and EA gave us pro-tak. They are moving in the right direction at least".

So let's look at your examples. It plays out a lot like Protak if you ask me. You mention the new pass mechanics. However, the NCAA vids show some pretty serious route manipulation at times.

The game has physics but it's centered around the ball carrier/wrs for the most part. Seems like it would be great for chip blocks and finally rid us of the engage/disengage blocking system Madden has had since 2000. Again EA didn't go far enough in my opinion.

The new online franchise is a huge improvement over previous years but it's came at the cost of offline features that are very important to some guys. I totally understand some guys displeasure here.

My point is each and every addition put into Madden 13 that OS screamed for hasn't quite had the affect some of us were hoping for or comes at the cost of something else. Going off the E3 vids at least.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #1204
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Is this in reply to me?
No, its not towards you . Im just saying why would EA do something if it cant be done right... I know there is a big team for both series and alot of money goes into the game, but I dont get why not instead of making new things just use the money to fix the main issues with games.Even more so when I dont have a choice on what NFL game or NCAA game to choose from other companys...

Last edited by juggalotusx; 07-20-2012 at 10:45 PM.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:48 PM   #1205
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Actually, I'm playing on 8 minute quarters in NCAA and it's taking me 1 hr and 15 to 30 minutes. That's a long time for 8 minute qtrs.

Plus, there is no save games. If games go to two hours, I'd like the option to save it in the middle. If not, I'm not sure if I can sit down for two hours with a wife and 3 kids.
Stop pausing and critiquing evry play bro you said your son blamed you for this hahaa. Well options on acc. Clock would fix this. Here, let me set that code up for ya in a jiff. Should be added by, M21
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 10:58 PM   #1206
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
So they know about the O-line and said it was to much work to fix it, what a frickin joke. I guess in life if things are hard to do you say F-It right. This is what angers me about EA... They can take the time to make MUT and other things like that but not fix the real problem. I understand its a different team for each but if you cant fix it find someone who can or atleast charge me half the price for half a game.....................
Just a question: if you're a designer, and you realize that A) a new physics engine is in the pipe and B) the current OL/DL issues will take substantial work, why would you spend all that time fixing it? Why would you spend all that time on something will be (assumption!) wiped out in a year?

Is Infinity not what we want? Is it not what we expect to fix "the problem?" So why the heck would we want them spending gobs of time fixing an old system that is going to get tossed out anyways? Spend that time fixing other areas. If Infinity does solve the issues with OL/DL, then I can wait a year and deal with OL/DL. So long as it's addressed next year.

I'm not apologizing for them, but I'm suggesting a teensy weensy bit of reason in how we get upset about things.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:03 PM   #1207
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
So why the heck would we want them spending gobs of time fixing an old system that is going to get tossed out anyways? Spend that time fixing other areas. If Infinity does solve the issues with OL/DL, then I can wait a year and deal with OL/DL. So long as it's addressed next year.
Because half the problem is the player behavior. All the physics out there won't make the player run his arc and use leverage if the player AI doesn't have him behave that way. The physics make it play out better/more realistically, but it doesn't create the mentality of the player.

That's always my thing when physics gets brought up because it doesn't address the goal/logic of each player on each play. It just makes their existing logic play out more realistically. If the player behavior/logic is the problem...

I can wait until next year too - might be when I buy the game.

But if they had addressed the player behavior of the OL/DL, I might not be having any "internal conflict" about this game. But knowing it's just going to be the same thing - maybe I just wait until M14 and see then.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #1208
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Because half the problem is the player behavior. All the physics out there won't make the player run his arc and use leverage if the player AI doesn't have him behave that way. The physics make it play out better/more realistically, but it doesn't create the mentality of the player.

That's always my thing when physics gets brought up because it doesn't address the goal/logic of each player on each play. It just makes their existing logic play out more realistically. If the player behavior/logic is the problem...

I can wait until next year too - might be when I buy the game.

But if they had addressed the player behavior of the OL/DL, I might not be having any "internal conflict" about this game. But knowing it's just going to be the same thing - maybe I just wait until M14 and see then.
Well I was going to ask in the other thread about Madden 14, could it be its final NFL game? Seems funny how, if true, Madden 14 would see real issues getting tended to. To make it "right".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »