Home

The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

This is a discussion on The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 04:15 PM   #1233
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Thanks for that entire post and I especially appreciate the bold man. I think that's all reasonable people want is some patience and information when trying to understand what's going on with EA football and how we can hopefully improve the realism for it.

Your point about a few of you guys working to improve the recruit classes seems to give credence to my suggestion that for whatever reason, the devs don't seem to be able to always address and/or miss the details. If that is the reality, so be it but is it possible for ALL EAGCs to make a commitment to make an effort for "picking up the slack" in a sense? Meaning, like you seem to be saying, discuss these things with the community at large, for getting them addressed when you guys are at Tiburon.

For example, DCEBB and others, would be great to interact with about NFL data based ratings, along with a wealth of slider gurus around OS to talk with about tuning a factory "simulation" setting.
I can't speak for anyone else in the program but I'm a massive consumer of the written word. I've read the DCEBB thread and I read through most of the better written slider threads (I'm a AuburnAlumni fan).
Old 07-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #1234
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
Yep - they've already shown long ago that creating a realistic simulation is not their intent and/or they aren't capable. It's really a little bit of both. Time to move on and hope we get competition back.
Based on the monopoly lawsuit settlement I don't see that happening. But maybe I am misinterpreting the scenario.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:30 PM   #1235
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I just wish they spent the two years "under the covers" getting it right, instead of having yet ANOTHER year of whatever it is that it uses now.

Or apply Infinity to OL/DL as well as to the clipping issues. If they can put in a new physics animation engine in 6 months...(from Jan to June when E3 arrived)

Why wasn't it a priority (and seems like it never has been a priority)? That's what I'm saying.
Agreed, lineman are the "meat and potatoes" of football, w/o logical lineman play, we would have illogical football fundamentals. Ex. Users dropping back continually and rolling out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 04:37 PM   #1236
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
What else should have priority over the building blocks of the game of football?

OL/DL makes everything work on the field. It's the basics of generating and preventing offense. Having that aspect of the game limited and stale impacts every single snap on both sides of the ball.
Agreed along with my previous post. Its crazy how all we want is for logical OL/DL interactions. Last years paddy cake animations for Outside blitzers was atrocious. And seeing that a lower rated DT could overwhelm the interior lineman on consistent basis. It took me a game or two to see these issues. Not thousands of snaps, as someone alluded to earlier.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:48 PM   #1237
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
I can't speak for anyone else in the program but I'm a massive consumer of the written word. I've read the DCEBB thread and I read through most of the better written slider threads (I'm a AuburnAlumni fan).
With you being a NCAA EAGC, from what I understand, how much does whatever impact you have effect Madden? I would think it's based on the central game play but with how they seem to try to artificially differentiate the games instead of them being natural different as a consequence of replicating the NCAA and NFL optimally, I am not sure.

Also, with regard to how you and other were able to directly change the recruiting data, what do you see as ways for other EAGC to repeat this premise for NFL aspects of Madden? Meaning not just player data but for taking matters into their own hands so to speak, to provide more NFL realism in general.

For example, I have read somewhere that playable camera options are not available online and limited in general due to sync issues. Is it possible for an EAGC to suggest that they provide all the camera options online, including custom camera options but make it so the home team for online play now games and the Commish/Community Creators decide the camera angle that the online game is played from? Meaning, if both players are required to play from the same camera view, wouldn't that negate the sync issues?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:58 PM   #1238
Banned

OVR: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Mason
Based on the monopoly lawsuit settlement I don't see that happening. But maybe I am misinterpreting the scenario.
Nope you aren't misinterpreting anything. In fact, I agree with you. I don't see any one making a football game ever again other than EA. however, I don't feel EA Tiburon is remotely good at football, therefore I'll wait for competition and we get something worthwhile or if that doesn't happen, I just won't play NFL games anymore.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #1239
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
With you being a NCAA EAGC, from what I understand, how much does whatever impact you have effect Madden? I would think it's based on the central game play but with how they seem to try to artificially differentiate the games instead of them being natural different as a consequence of replicating the NCAA and NFL optimally, I am not sure.

Also, with regard to how you and other were able to directly change the recruiting data, what do you see as ways for other EAGC to repeat this premise for NFL aspects of Madden? Meaning not just player data but for taking matters into their own hands so to speak, to provide more NFL realism in general.

For example, I have read somewhere that playable camera options are not available online and limited in general due to sync issues. Is it possible for an EAGC to suggest that they provide all the camera options online, including custom camera options but make it so the home team for online play now games and the Commish/Community Creators decide the camera angle that the online game is played from? Meaning, if both players are required to play from the same camera view, wouldn't that negate the sync issues?
But his post last night only mentioned 3 gameplay-related suggestions. The rest were great suggestions, but not related to gameplay.

I will admit that I didn't click on the link that mentioned proper OL/DL play and assignments, so maybe what I'm about to say was covered.

How can someone who is given the opportunity to make suggestions to a college football game not have mentioned that the fact that veer option plays are completely non-existant in the game? The "options" aren't true options because everybody is blocked at the point of attack (except for the zone-read plays), yet this is a college football game. There is no way that this issue shouldn't at least be addressed by the game developers and the game changers. If they can't program the game to have the ability to determine which defenders to leave unblocked, fine; but it should at least stated.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:04 PM   #1240
Pro

shaunlmason's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shttymcgee
But his post last night only mentioned 3 gameplay-related suggestions. The rest were great suggestions, but not related to gameplay.

I will admit that I didn't click on the link that mentioned proper OL/DL play and assignments, so maybe what I'm about to say was covered.

How can someone who is given the opportunity to make suggestions to a college football game not have mentioned that the fact that veer option plays are completely non-existant in the game? The "options" aren't true options because everybody is blocked at the point of attack (except for the zone-read plays), yet this is a college football game. There is no way that this issue shouldn't at least be addressed by the game developers and the game changers. If they can't program the game to have the ability to determine which defenders to leave unblocked, fine; but it should at least stated.
I saw your post last night before you deleted it.=) Not sure why you deleted it, it was a good question.

To the point, you are making an assumption, and a huge one. Just because I didn't include all of my game play feedback didn't mean we didn't discuss it. I spent a lot of time with the game play designers. They are pretty clear in explaining why something isn't going to be addressed directly at that time, sometimes those items are covered continually by the NDA as far as I'm aware because they are going to be addressed in future cycles.

I'm very aware that options as they exist aren't good representations of real option football. Short answer, we've had discussions about the exact feedback you posted above and the changes required to make those things possible weren't in the scope of changes they were immediately working on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »