Home

The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

This is a discussion on The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Watching videos to get a sense of a physics engine is like learning to drive a car by watching someone else drive.
This right here pretty much sums up this whole thread...... Great post
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 10:06 AM   #26
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
I think the tripping over the Oline with RBs will cause "lazy" gamers to run more to the outside, which is easier to defend if you know it's coming. But it's to early to say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #27
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.
Re: The more videos I watch, the less I seem to see the impact of the Infinity engine

I think I know what you mean when watching gameplay from the usual Madden Cam point of view, that it does look just like last year. I think the differences are collisions, stumbling and the fact that seriously players will "touch" each other and be affected by it. The graphics and such...the "look" of the gameplay otherwise does come across as if it's the same build, though, I do agree.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #28
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

What one might want to keep in mind is that the physics engine won't affect players when they're simply playing an animation. If there isn't any contact, then you're going to see your typical animations. It's not until contact is made that the new physics will come into play.

I said the same thing when the NHL series first introduced physics. When I saw the videos, I said "so what?" It wasn't until I played the game and saw it in action that i understood what was really taking place.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:37 AM   #29
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Curious to get your thoughts after the demo.

I shared your thoughts about the infinity engine after only having videos to watch. I wasn't all that impressed. When you play with it, I think you'll gain more appreciation for it.

That said, to me, any impact that physics has on OL/DL is barely detectable IMO. Aside from a few different animations, it looks familiar. So don't look for any of that to really change. But when you see how it changes running the ball, tackling, and WR/DB interaction (to a degree), I think you'll be more impressed.

I'm not suggesting that M13 overall is the game you're looking for, but as far as the infinity engine goes, I truly think it's something that has to be felt to really appreciate.

I really appreciate your comments regarding the game -- very neutral but beneficial and appreciated.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #30
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
I really appreciate your comments regarding the game -- very neutral but beneficial and appreciated.
Thanks bro, means a lot...
Old 07-05-2012, 11:54 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I think the tripping over the Oline with RBs will cause "lazy" gamers to run more to the outside, which is easier to defend if you know it's coming. But it's to early to say.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Yeah you make a good point...Also can't wait to get on here 8-29-12 and see 5,000 topics about how the run game is broken because you get tripped when running because it's going to be harder oh will it be fun times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Errors Occurred
Yeah you make a good point...Also can't wait to get on here 8-29-12 and see 5,000 topics about how the run game is broken because you get tripped when running because it's going to be harder oh will it be fun times.
Defenders get tripped in traffic too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »