Home

Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

This is a discussion on Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-05-2012, 11:39 AM   #17
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Likelihood Of Roster Editing Patched In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I dont see something heavily scripted increasing the immersion factor. I think it does the opposite. The NFL season isnt heavily scrpited, things change from week to week, guys emerge as stars, and others' stars burnout. IMO its more immersive if anything thing can happen on any given sunday
Going to play Devil's Advocate here - what if someone told you every year, you'd get a different 30 year CCM "story", that would allow you to hop between teams and players and coaches at will, and encourage you to not restart, and that story was awesome and full of the twists and turns of the real NFL, almost RPG-esque...but a fair bit of content would repeat if you restarted? Obviously injuries/winners etc wouldn't repeat, but I'm on about early player comebacks, the draft classes being ordered to create certain icons/storylines down the line, team relocations/rebrandings, "scandals", players becoming coaches?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:52 PM   #18
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Editing players [not ratings,] bringing custom roster into franchise mode [CCM] and occasionally doing a fantasy draft are VERY important to me.

So is playing as more than one team and playing games not on my schedule.

A simple thing I did with my friends for years was to play as each others opponents. For example, when my 49ers were to play the Rams, my friend was the Rams... and that same week when his Raiders were hosting the Chargers, I was SD.

I might get Madden 13 in a year or so when the price comes down to try it, but it is not a $60 game to me. Not right now.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:21 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus2k9
Going to play Devil's Advocate here - what if someone told you every year, you'd get a different 30 year CCM "story", that would allow you to hop between teams and players and coaches at will, and encourage you to not restart, and that story was awesome and full of the twists and turns of the real NFL, almost RPG-esque...but a fair bit of content would repeat if you restarted? Obviously injuries/winners etc wouldn't repeat, but I'm on about early player comebacks, the draft classes being ordered to create certain icons/storylines down the line, team relocations/rebrandings, "scandals", players becoming coaches?
i also think that these things should be random. if they are always the same whats the point of playing another 30 year ccm mode when the first 30 is up?
Old 07-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #20
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
i also think that these things should be random. if they are always the same whats the point of playing another 30 year ccm mode when the first 30 is up?
That's a very good point. The immersion they want to now add in the game won't be so fun after the algorithims are all played out (every possible outcome is known), and that's due to not being able to maintain the human element of it all. Shouldn't they still be focused on trying to perfect the human elements of the game itself before all the stuff surrounding the game?
Old 07-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #21
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

i dont see it getting patched in. as much as i would like it to be patched in even just to edit equipment sadly this will most likely be back in next year.

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2012, 06:27 PM   #22
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
Editing players [not ratings,] bringing custom roster into franchise mode [CCM] and occasionally doing a fantasy draft are VERY important to me.

So is playing as more than one team and playing games not on my schedule.

A simple thing I did with my friends for years was to play as each others opponents. For example, when my 49ers were to play the Rams, my friend was the Rams... and that same week when his Raiders were hosting the Chargers, I was SD.

I might get Madden 13 in a year or so when the price comes down to try it, but it is not a $60 game to me. Not right now.
Same here,WHen I can get it used for around 20 bucks.I might get it then,but for now its Madden 12.

All these missing features just takes away reality for me.It may be a fun game
for a role playing game but without the customization capabilities Im not buying.

BUT if they could at least give us the ability to edit numbers Im in.
But I dont know.I think it might come in a patch but not on release day.Id say maybe Oct or Nov. 50/50 chance
Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #23
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
I dont believe that. How would number and equipment editing have anything to do with xp?
it wouldnt effect it that way but if ppl edit the players ratings and bumping them up it would effect the XP that way because thats how your players progress now in 13. so say u didnt like donny's ratings and u bump your player up to say a 99 overall then basically the XP thing would be useless because the player wouldnt progress right.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #24
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Honestly, it is probably something so much simpler...like the following:

We need to make sure people can't cheese online with full editing.
Okay, that's easy. What about progressing players online, though?
Well, let's make a progression system they have to use - call it XP.
Yeah, that's cool. Let's do it.
(much later)
Okay, let's put full editing in the game, now.
OOPS! It won't work!
...why won't it work?
Well, we did that connected careers coding where it's all the same, now.
Oh...hmm...son of a......we'll just say we did it on purpose, then.
Okay, man. I hope that works.
Eh, don't worry about it. We'll figure it out by next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »