Home

Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
What I find more disconcerting is when he returns that kickoff for a td. He ran it back the entire length of the field and did not use a single juke, spin or football move of any kind. All zig zag/swerve running right around defenders. AWFUL. Another year, same crap
And did I see it right where early on he had Taylor in a zone (play had him on a zone) and then he manually rushed him (didn't pre-snap adjust him to blitz/rush) and the blockers just ignored him completely?

Wasn't the OL play at least supposed to be "tuned"? I know it wasn't going to get fixed/overhauled, but...is doing away with the "not supposed to blitz" stuff too much to ask? Heck, it looked like the HB also ignored him, moving over to take someone else on the DL?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:36 PM   #34
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
better than making them DLC and you having to pay for them though.
Don't give them any ideas... lol
Old 07-12-2012, 01:45 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can't believe how bad this game looks in this video. Will be trying the demo but madden 12 looked much better than this. Where are all the unique cbs inspired camera angles, close-ups etc? I thought someone said they nearly eliminated zigzag running? I think not..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #36
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

The zig zag running is shocking to me. They must still have this in the game because it's easier for new gamers to control the players. If they had to plant or run behind their blockers they might be discouraged.

I know i will buy this on day one. But.... I can't help but look at this video and be ticked how slow the progression of this series has been. It feels like we are 5 years behind where we should and I don't know how to get over that feeling.

Last edited by WildFan22; 07-13-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:27 PM   #37
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
And did I see it right where early on he had Taylor in a zone (play had him on a zone) and then he manually rushed him (didn't pre-snap adjust him to blitz/rush) and the blockers just ignored him completely?

Wasn't the OL play at least supposed to be "tuned"? I know it wasn't going to get fixed/overhauled, but...is doing away with the "not supposed to blitz" stuff too much to ask? Heck, it looked like the HB also ignored him, moving over to take someone else on the DL?
I went to look at the KR Taz was talking about and noticed this for the first time, started to post about it but then noticed you already had. Can anybody from CE or EAGCs comment on if this was discussed because I presume it was an issue in M12. I think Smoke6 and others have mentioned it before but I really didn't have a firm understanding of what they were referring to until now. This really emphasizes what Bezo (haven't seen him post in a while?), LBz and others have been pointing out about the OL/DL being tethered.

I will try to enjoy M13 as best I can, as I have tried to do with every other next-gen Madden because it's all I got but at its' coding football core this game seems to be FUBAR, imo.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:41 AM   #38
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I will try to enjoy M13 as best I can, as I have tried to do with every other next-gen Madden because it's all I got but at its' coding football core this game seems to be FUBAR, imo.
For me, the closer it gets to August and the farther I get in my franchise and the fact I'll be leaving it behind (closing in on Year 12 and I know my roster almost like they were real NFL players) and the little things I can do like make up that my guy got in a fight or something then make him "cold" to simulate him not being 100% since I can edit, or a player against his former team, I edit him to "hot" since he's "geared up" for the game - it's just leaving me with mixed feelings (I wish Madden could do what OOTP does and let you convert your old franchise over to the new game...)

And then when I see stuff like in this video with the zig zag (which was supposed to be gone?) and the same problems (not even looking "tuned") and then the game speed looks even faster/glidy-er (that's not a word, I know), even for Very Fast (only speed I play on), and I don't know.

I want to try CCM and the new features, but still...am I'm going to be posting/wishing about the same stuff about M14 as I did about M13? Do I want to go through that again?
Old 07-13-2012, 01:01 AM   #39
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
What I find more disconcerting is when he returns that kickoff for a td. He ran it back the entire length of the field and did not use a single juke, spin or football move of any kind. All zig zag/swerve running right around defenders. AWFUL. Another year, same crap
Ok, finally watched most of this video and think that KR needs to be bookmarked for a clear example of the issue with zig-zag running/swerving for the devs.

That said, I was pleased and impressed with the fluidity of the cut scenes, as well as the lifelike player reactions between some plays. I recall Weber talking about player reactions in an interview last year and it seems they are following through because I can definitely see the improvement there.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:15 AM   #40
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
For me, the closer it gets to August and the farther I get in my franchise and the fact I'll be leaving it behind (closing in on Year 12 and I know my roster almost like they were real NFL players) and the little things I can do like make up that my guy got in a fight or something then make him "cold" to simulate him not being 100% since I can edit, or a player against his former team, I edit him to "hot" since he's "geared up" for the game - it's just leaving me with mixed feelings (I wish Madden could do what OOTP does and let you convert your old franchise over to the new game...)

And then when I see stuff like in this video with the zig zag (which was supposed to be gone?) and the same problems (not even looking "tuned") and then the game speed looks even faster/glidy-er (that's not a word, I know), even for Very Fast (only speed I play on), and I don't know.

I want to try CCM and the new features, but still...am I'm going to be posting/wishing about the same stuff about M14 as I did about M13? Do I want to go through that again?
I hope you don't sour on M13 because it's some of your posts about what you have accomplished with sliders that are part of my optimism for the potential of this game. It seems from what I have been told, there isn't much sliders can do for player movement but I am interested to see what seasoned slider users are able to accomplish with M13 in general.

Your posts about fatigue and injury definitely intrigue me, also why I am thinking about it, does the fatigue slider in M12 actually have an on-field effect, in the sense of players gradually slowing down during a play? Meaning, does it cause players to "run out of gas" in real time or are the effects only felt after a stoppage in play?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »