Home

Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-13-2012, 09:46 PM   #57
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 13 Gameplay only video (from yesterday's webcast)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
I'm trying. Honestly, I am.

Trying to resist that urge to make it a 2-year cycle for me personally again (I didn't get M11, just 10 and 12).
I may not even get it, if you dont lol. I know we will, eventually ; )
Hope your doing better than the last time we chatted and your house burnt down?
Liking what the infinity engine is bringing so far, and hope to see them keep building onto it.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM   #58
Banned

WIFOOTBALL2K9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
What new game modes are talking about for Madden 13?

They did overhaul and threw out the last engine. It's called building a foundation with the new physics engine and going from there.
I don't see any need what so ever for connective careers, ultimate team...He also talked about "solo challenges", and one of the devs told us that every tackle will be different. As I watch the videos, I have seen MULTIPLE tackles which I've seen in Madden for years and repeat tackle animations in other videos i've seen as well. In my opinion, they can eliminate all that (CC, Ultimate Team) and focus all their work on game play and presentation instead of working part time on everything. Ask yourselves, would you like Madden to work just a little bit on everything or work on one thing (game play) and finally get it right. I think most would choose the later. I think this new physics engine is overhyped because I am still seeing same animations and unrealistic physics at times. I just wish they would spend more time on fixing game play and spending less time on these secondary modes/features and worrying about connecting Madden to the web.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #59
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIFOOTBALL2K9
I don't see any need what so ever for connective careers, ultimate team...He also talked about "solo challenges", and one of the devs told us that every tackle will be different. As I watch the videos, I have seen MULTIPLE tackles which I've seen in Madden for years and repeat tackle animations in other videos i've seen as well. In my opinion, they can eliminate all that (CC, Ultimate Team) and focus all their work on game play and presentation instead of working part time on everything. Ask yourselves, would you like Madden to work just a little bit on everything or work on one thing (game play) and finally get it right. I think most would choose the later. I think this new physics engine is overhyped because I am still seeing same animations and unrealistic physics at times. I just wish they would spend more time on fixing game play and spending less time on these secondary modes/features and worrying about connecting Madden to the web.
1) The physics engine isn't overhyped, it's been barely mentioned on OS

2) Connected careers isn't going anywhere, and it's not a secondary mode, it was 2 yrs in the making, and brought SS, online and offline all together. Online hasn't had franchise mode worked on in over 3 yrs. Offline franchise has been down right boring lately, so, now they brought over features from Head Coach to immerse franchise mode.

3) The make money off of MUT, it's not going anywhere.

4) They doubled the game play team this year, they have different depts, CCM, presentation, game play, art, marketing, each dept brings to the table from there respective departments. They aren't going to change their business model anytime soon to just work on game play alone.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #60
Pro

P21J's Arena

OVR: 12

Branching off of another user's previous post on Tiburon making two NFL games- I feel that they should at least, if anything, weigh the option of making a completely "sim" oriented football game (with an owner type mode like the original HC09 and a traditional 30 year franchise mode both offline/online) under the name "Madden NFL Head Coach _", and keep "Madden NFL _" as a tournament style fast paced "semi-realistic" game (with quickplay, MUT, and Online Tournaments/quickplay modes). I know its probably not beneficial to EA from a financial standpoint, but I know I'd sure love for it to happen. I only can dream I guess...
MLB: New York Yankees
SOCCER: Real Madrid/ Man United
Old 07-13-2012, 10:50 PM   #61
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by P21J
Branching off of another user's previous post on Tiburon making two NFL games- I feel that they should at least, if anything, weigh the option of making a completely "sim" oriented football game (with an owner type mode like the original HC09 and a traditional 30 year franchise mode both offline/online) under the name "Madden NFL Head Coach _", and keep "Madden NFL _" as a tournament style fast paced "semi-realistic" game (with quickplay, MUT, and Online Tournaments/quickplay modes). I know its probably not beneficial to EA from a financial standpoint, but I know I'd sure love for it to happen. I only can dream I guess...
I mentioned it.

They could do a sim mode or casual mode in options like NBA 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-13-2012, 10:53 PM   #62
Banned

WIFOOTBALL2K9's Arena

Then they need to bring in new people because this years madden, we should have had 5 years ago. The slow progression of this game is simply saddening considering how far sports games have came (MLB: The Show), FIFA, NHL. Even NBA 2K is pretty solid. All of those games are closer to it's real life counterparts than Madden, Football, America's game.
Old 07-15-2012, 12:50 AM   #63
Rookie

TeamHawkins's Arena

Strawhat Patriot I suggest you change that sig or we are gonna have issues pal! lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »