Home

Changing a players position.

This is a discussion on Changing a players position. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
If we can't edit positions I'm going to have a problem with players like Mario Williams. Last season he was a 3-4 OLB, and this season he will be a 4-3 DE.

If we can't tweak player positions it's going to be pointless to change defensive schemes during CC.
You CANNOT edit players in any way, shape, or fork in CCM this year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #10
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Changing a players position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
I hope you can't, just because you plan on playing your SS at LB. That's big time cheese.
Playing a Strong Safety as a linebacker is not cheese by a longshot... especially considering that the game already has a pre-set package on the right stick that does that very thing.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #11
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
You CANNOT edit players in any way, shape, or fork in CCM this year.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
So I assume this means that 4-3 defensive ends (like Elvis Dumervil) will be locked in at defensive end?

If true, then ANY team that runs a 3-4 would play Dumervil at DE instead of OLB. Is there a way around this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #12
MVP

jclentzthadon's Arena

THE DEPTH CHART
Old 07-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #13
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclentzthadon
THE DEPTH CHART
Do you really think CPU teams are going to re-order their depth chart to move someone like Dumervil to OLB in a 3-4?
Old 07-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #14
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Do you really think CPU teams are going to re-order their depth chart to move someone like Dumervil to OLB in a 3-4?
This is one of my biggest problems with not being able to edit anymore.

With them stripping the feature, I really hope they fix some of the things that we had to apply house rules to or even made the AI smarter so we dont need to help them out anymore.

Will Dummervill be rated high at OLB in a 3-4 defense (rated low at DE) AND be played as a starter for the AI team?

Will a 3-4 team sign say for example Dummervill (listed as a DE) to play OLB instead of a lower rated player thats listed as an OLB already.

It remains to be seen.

If those things are fix, then I'll be a little less upset about the decision to strip important feature from us offline franchisers.

Last edited by Jukeman; 07-14-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:26 PM   #15
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

"That's my Connected Career mode!"

Now before I break into full defense of no position editing, let me say that I am not implying that it does not happen in real life or that it should not be represented in Madden BUT considering the way CC seems to formatted, it may currently be the best fit.

http://forums.traditionsportsonline.....78658/page-17

Above in post #406 is a small list of the various types of specific positions available in CC courtesy of TOS, with each having a detailed descriptor. I constantly say and Skyboxer mentioned it in this thread, that we always need to consider that Madden is a computer program and the reasonable limitations that can entail. So given the design decision to make each position so detailed instead of just the classic generality, that maybe a reason for limiting each player to their current real life position.

Here is the perspective I am taking. Right now Brian Orakpo I presume is a 3-4 Pass Rusher OLB in CC, based on his position currently in real life. Now of course his position could somehow change in real life but any number of things could happen in real life that don't have anything to do with my CC. I look at position changes the same way because due to the position format, they have now "locked in" those positions based on the current snapshot in the NFL. Also, this is not a new concept considering online ranked gamers have never been able to edit positions and always had to work within this limitation.

I am really starting to understand more and more why the concept of "franchise mode is dead" really needs to be grasped us all because even though CC has some of the capabilities of franchise mode, it really is a different animal. I am not trying to convince anybody that CC is better than franchise or whatever, I am just trying to provide some perspective on how it's a different mode and will likely have many different ways of doing things as a result.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 07-14-2012 at 01:51 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2012, 12:31 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 16

I am confused though. So, if the CPU changes from a 3-4 team to a 4-3 team and Orakpo is on it. Will they just trade him away? What position would he have the in the meantime?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »