Home

Changing a players position.

This is a discussion on Changing a players position. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-15-2012, 06:33 PM   #41
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Changing a players position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Again I never said it had anything to do with safeties at all. Or moving safeties to lb was cheese.
I replied to the "they do it in real life" comment.
You can't use real world and say if they do it there you can do it in Madden.
My comment was simply on that statement.
Sure you can, especially if it's been done before and it's a rebuttal to the ridiculous notion that it's somehow unrealistic. If the argument was about whether or not something is realistic, using reality should be the benchmark by which one measures such claims.

I think the point you are making is valid (and I would agree with the notion that Madden and reality certainly can't be realistically compared in a 1-for-1 sense), but that it's a separate issue from what was being said. The guy simply responded to a "that's cheese" comment with why it's really not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 02:07 AM   #42
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Fair enough. I got your point, but my question still stands. If you don't think that we should use real world examples to counteract someone labeling a tactic as cheese (which by definition is supposed to indicate something being unrealistic), then by what standard are we supposed to use when discussing the game?

briz's counterpoint to Rondo seemed perfectly reasonable considering that Rondo has still yet to clarify what makes a Safety as LB a cheese tactic.

And I'm not arguing that Madden is a close to life simulation, but if that's where we are trying to get the game, then that's the only platform from which I think the game should be measured. Simply saying that Madden isn't realistic so we can't use real life examples just doesn't make sense to me. Just my take.
I never said you can't use it to counter anything.
You can't use it as an excuse to play that way IF it causes an expolit. YOu can however hold it against EA until we get th Sim game we want.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-16-2012, 02:11 AM   #43
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Sure you can, especially if it's been done before and it's a rebuttal to the ridiculous notion that it's somehow unrealistic. If the argument was about whether or not something is realistic, using reality should be the benchmark by which one measures such claims.

I think the point you are making is valid (and I would agree with the notion that Madden and reality certainly can't be realistically compared in a 1-for-1 sense), but that it's a separate issue from what was being said. The guy simply responded to a "that's cheese" comment with why it's really not.
Here we go again...
I am saying you cant use the "You can do it in real life" argument if you want to play in a away that causes an exploit.
I'm not taliking about saying we cant expect to be able to play that way.
If doing something in Madden that is done in real life causes an exploit EA needs to fix it if we truly want a "sim" game.
I'm saying we can't play that way if it causes exploits an use the excuse "The real world does it"

At least I wouldn't want to play that way or anyone that does.

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 07-16-2012, 02:19 AM   #44
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Tes another EA step back. in the past 3-4 teams with 2 DTs i could at least get around it by having a 3 DT thats a DE and put him on the depth chart still as a DE. because of the retarted Min requriemnts EA have. so I am stuck with my 49ers with a practice squad 3DT wasting a roster spot that a 6th string CB missing out on

seriosuly it feels like madden 93 I feel like I am 12 years old again, they might as well not have real players names just numbers like madden 93

Last edited by Jibbler; 07-16-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:20 AM   #45
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Then do it on the depth chart.
a little impossible when you have min requriemnts BS

some teams have 7 OL it was handy to have a LS fill in the missing 8th can't even do that now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #46
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
So I assume this means that 4-3 defensive ends (like Elvis Dumervil) will be locked in at defensive end?

If true, then ANY team that runs a 3-4 would play Dumervil at DE instead of OLB. Is there a way around this?
Depth chart

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 25
Is it really necessary to beat this dead horse again and have this exact same circular logic discussion for the 2nd time?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #48
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Is it really necessary to beat this dead horse again and have this exact same circular logic discussion for the 2nd time?

I don't think bucky60's question ever got answered/clarified about how are goals assigned, by predetermined position, depth chart position, scheme or some mixture?

So if I was to use Orakpo in a 4-3 defense at OLB would his goals be different from using him at the predetermined 3-4 Pass rushing OLB role?

I would likely use Orakpo at DE in a 4-3 which I presume the goals for a 4-3 DE and 3-4 pass rusher OLB are similar but I would still like to know.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »