Home

So can you select CPU uniform?

This is a discussion on So can you select CPU uniform? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-16-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: So can you select CPU uniform?

I don't understand the question. You could always select the uniform of the cpu team that you are playing against so I would expect that to remain the same.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #10
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
I don't understand the question. You could always select the uniform of the cpu team that you are playing against so I would expect that to remain the same.
But that was when you could play as either team in franchise mode. The way you would do it is move your controller over to the other team, as if you're going to control them. You change their uni, then change the controller back to your own team. But now, since they took away the ability to play as the other team, we don't know if we can change the uni of the other team or not.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:32 PM   #11
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2

If my memory is correct, choosing uniforms and choosing your team were separate. You first chose your team, and then it took you to the uniform screen, where you could change either team whether or not you controlled them.

I'd assume you can still change uni's for CPU teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-16-2012, 09:59 PM   #12
Rookie

triplela's Arena

OVR: 3

If you can't change the uniforms, that is the last straw. I heard in the Virtual Sports Podcast interview with the creative director, that some uniforms were added, like the blue Rams jerseys and the 75 Steelers. I would think that would mean we could still change the uniforms. But with the other things that have been removed from Connected Careers, I wouldn't be surprised if we can't. No user created rosters, no draft class imports, only one team control in offline mode. And now possibly not being able to choose the other team's uniforms. How have I played Madden the last few years? With downloaded rosters from OS, with imported draft classes from NCAA Football, with 4 other buddies from college(we have played together in a league every year that goes all the way back to Tecmo Super Bowl), and we like to play against teams wearing the throwback uniforms. That's 4 for 4. We can do none of those things. And, while we could theoretically play online in our league, we like to get together once a week, usually have a BBQ and adult beverages, and play our week. Why spend $60 on this game? We've decided to just continue using Madden 12 this year with updated rosters that, hopefully, will be posted on OS.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by skabatula
If my memory is correct, choosing uniforms and choosing your team were separate. You first chose your team, and then it took you to the uniform screen, where you could change either team whether or not you controlled them.

I'd assume you can still change uni's for CPU teams.
Which madden was this? In all current Gen to switch the CPU's uni you switch the controller to the other team first Last gen too, in fact last gen you needed to switch to the CPU if you wanted to wear an away jersey at home or vise versa. If you could switch what could stop you from playing as the other team heaven forbid. Given the CCM gives you 0 control over anything other than your team why would the game let you control what uniform the other team will wear that doesn't fit with anything else in CCM.

Last edited by 1D4ever; 07-16-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:31 PM   #14
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplela
If you can't change the uniforms, that is the last straw. I heard in the Virtual Sports Podcast interview with the creative director, that some uniforms were added, like the blue Rams jerseys and the 75 Steelers. I would think that would mean we could still change the uniforms. But with the other things that have been removed from Connected Careers, I wouldn't be surprised if we can't. No user created rosters, no draft class imports, only one team control in offline mode. And now possibly not being able to choose the other team's uniforms. How have I played Madden the last few years? With downloaded rosters from OS, with imported draft classes from NCAA Football, with 4 other buddies from college(we have played together in a league every year that goes all the way back to Tecmo Super Bowl), and we like to play against teams wearing the throwback uniforms. That's 4 for 4. We can do none of those things. And, while we could theoretically play online in our league, we like to get together once a week, usually have a BBQ and adult beverages, and play our week. Why spend $60 on this game? We've decided to just continue using Madden 12 this year with updated rosters that, hopefully, will be posted on OS.

True I wonder how much this is going to affect 13s Re-playability after the season ends.....Like you, I always come on here after FA/Draft kick into gear, an look for an updated roster to tide me over through the dead days of summer

Then you have all these little things like possibly no CPU uniform selection...We need to get a confirmation on this

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 07-17-2012 at 12:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:37 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 7

Could this question get an answer please? I think NOT having the option of what uniform your CPU opponent wears along with the other editing restrictions would really suck. I am one of those "offline" gamers, not many of us according to EA Sports, so just let me have an answer to this question and I will be on my way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2012, 06:28 AM   #16
Banned

skabatula's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
Which madden was this? In all current Gen to switch the CPU's uni you switch the controller to the other team first Last gen too, in fact last gen you needed to switch to the CPU if you wanted to wear an away jersey at home or vise versa. If you could switch what could stop you from playing as the other team heaven forbid. Given the CCM gives you 0 control over anything other than your team why would the game let you control what uniform the other team will wear that doesn't fit with anything else in CCM.

Oops I'm thinking of the NHL series. Regardless of what team you choose in a season you still have the option of changing the CPUs uniform.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »