Home

Physics and Ratings"will this year matter"

This is a discussion on Physics and Ratings"will this year matter" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Physics and Ratings"will this year matter"

I don't see why people say this. I have always had players that played better than other players. Sometimes it's a lower rated player outplaying a higher rated player, and sometimes the high rated player does what I expects and dominates. I have always had players that stand out for one reason or another. It, like everything else in the game could be better, but it still matters.

Example:
My current franchise I had two receivers that I really wasn't thrilled about, but they were the best guys I had at the time. Over the seasons as I was waiting for my prototype receiver these guys developed well and season after season were making plays and showing catch animations that I had never even seen before. I grew to love those two guys even when I found what I was looking for. At the same time, I had a 99 linebacker with 90 speed that I traded away because someone else played better in my defense.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Ratings have always mattered, but players never "felt" different. I hope that with Physics in the game now players will "feel" different. Acceleration and Agility should be extremely important, as should weight and strength. If physics is properly implemented we should see guys like Welker be more valuable, and possibly, hopefully even see the return of Power Backs, with the ability to run over all but the best linebackers. God, I miss the days of Madden 05-06-07 on PS2 when i could take Jamal Lewis or Mike Alstott and just ruin people.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 25
Ratings will matter but like always.... Barely make any differance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
Orange and Blue!

Broncos86's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjneff
I don't see why people say this. I have always had players that played better than other players. Sometimes it's a lower rated player outplaying a higher rated player, and sometimes the high rated player does what I expects and dominates. I have always had players that stand out for one reason or another. It, like everything else in the game could be better, but it still matters.

Example:
My current franchise I had two receivers that I really wasn't thrilled about, but they were the best guys I had at the time. Over the seasons as I was waiting for my prototype receiver these guys developed well and season after season were making plays and showing catch animations that I had never even seen before. I grew to love those two guys even when I found what I was looking for. At the same time, I had a 99 linebacker with 90 speed that I traded away because someone else played better in my defense.
Because you can take a kicker, put him on your offensive line, and he'll actually be able to block. Might even get a pancake, too!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:31 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalotusx
I guess I should have explained myself better or in a different way. Remember when playing 2k you would pick a player cause you knew what to expect out of him, you wanted a great rusher you would get strahan, a power running back you would get a guy like pittman if you wanted finesse L.T to make the cuts. Dont get mad that im talking about 2k cause I am just trying to prove my point on how certain players,positions,type of player mattered and worked well.
So I am hoping with the physics engine it will give guys more flexibility to make better moves and to be more fluid I guess.
Be careful, talking about to 2k around here can get you in trouble.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:37 AM   #14
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

The only ratings that ever mattered this gen PvP is speed (the reason speed threshold was put in). Against the cpu, none of the ratings matter in the slightest because the difficulty setting you play on adjusts the ratings on the fly making your players worse while making the cpu players better (proven through EA's own dev blogs). I would wager that this won't change for 13. As for the physics, that will only come into play with actual player collisions (not basic contact or interactions). That's probably a good thing though simply because of the awkward things that can happen ala BackBreaker.

Last edited by TreFacTor; 07-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:59 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreAk47
That's my guess, ratings never have and seemingly never will matter. Play on All Madden against the CPU, and Jason Campbell will turn into Tom Brady at the drop of a hat...and it will always be like that.
You can put Tom Brady in at CB on All Madden and he looks like Reevis.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Pro

juggalotusx's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
Ratings have always mattered, but players never "felt" different. I hope that with Physics in the game now players will "feel" different. Acceleration and Agility should be extremely important, as should weight and strength. If physics is properly implemented we should see guys like Welker be more valuable, and possibly, hopefully even see the return of Power Backs, with the ability to run over all but the best linebackers. God, I miss the days of Madden 05-06-07 on PS2 when i could take Jamal Lewis or Mike Alstott and just ruin people.
Some ratings matter like speed, but thanks for saying what I was trying to get across that players have no personality to them..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »