Home

VARIOUS CONNECTED CAREER QUESTIONS!

This is a discussion on VARIOUS CONNECTED CAREER QUESTIONS! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Banned

Elements's Arena

OVR: 3
VARIOUS CONNECTED CAREER QUESTIONS!

I'm a very dedicated Online Franchise Commissioner and there have been some discussions/questions in regards too how well this Mode is going to work out. Here are some questions we have came up with. Hopefully someone can answer:

1. If an owner creates a coach, and has to leave the franchise or gets booted, Does the new owner have to be that old coach or can he create a new one? What happens to the old coach?

2. Upon release date, Can the commish of a newly created OF make all of the recent NFL Changes to make rosters up to date or do we have to wait 3-4 weeks for the 1st update?

3. When owners join the franchise, what's the rule on Free Agent Signing? Any limitations?

4. What are some features on the Commissioner End that we haven't seen in previous years?

5. Will the Career mode website be as intuitive as NCAA Dynasty? Same features? Owner Stories? Recruiting?

6. Are XP Points in Coach Mode designated for Administrative Moves, or are there player ratings that get boosted?

7. Are there Season Awards? MVP, ROY, OPOY, DPOY? Myleagumanager.net covered that this year.... Will it be implemented?

8. With player potential thrown out the window.... How do we determine who we should pick up? And if they fit well with our scheme?

9. Do players turn down contract negotiations? Do they keep their market open to other teams upon resigning?

10. Can you toggle with settings to not allow retired players back into the league?

11. Are trades authentic? No BS trades between (Human vs. Human)?

12. What are the biggest/toughest XP challenges for Coaches during the regular season?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #2
MVP

Gronk4M13's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: VARIOUS CONNECTED CAREER QUESTIONS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements
I'm a very dedicated Online Franchise Commissioner and there have been some discussions/questions in regards too how well this Mode is going to work out. Here are some questions we have came up with. Hopefully someone can answer:

1. If an owner creates a coach, and has to leave the franchise or gets booted, Does the new owner have to be that old coach or can he create a new one? What happens to the old coach?
If the coach is created, and the owner leaves, the created coach is deleted. The new owner then has the same options as anyone like at the start of the CC.

2. Upon release date, Can the commish of a newly created OF make all of the recent NFL Changes to make rosters up to date or do we have to wait 3-4 weeks for the 1st update? Pretty sure there's no editing, so you have to wait for an update.

3. When owners join the franchise, what's the rule on Free Agent Signing? Any limitations?

Not sure

4. What are some features on the Commissioner End that we haven't seen in previous years?

5. Will the Career mode website be as intuitive as NCAA Dynasty? Same features? Owner Stories? Recruiting?

6. Are XP Points in Coach Mode designated for Administrative Moves, or are there player ratings that get boosted?
Both administrative upgrades and player rating upgrades

7. Are there Season Awards? MVP, ROY, OPOY, DPOY? Myleagumanager.net covered that this year.... Will it be implemented?
Yes

8. With player potential thrown out the window.... How do we determine who we should pick up? And if they fit well with our scheme?
Scouting, and scouting
9. Do players turn down contract negotiations? Do they keep their market open to other teams upon resigning?
Yes, multiple factors go into if players resign their contract. Money, and the coach's rating of ability to resign players.
10. Can you toggle with settings to not allow retired players back into the league?
Yes

There are CPU vs CPU trades, CPU vs human trades, and human vs human trades.

12. What are the biggest/toughest XP challenges for Coaches during the regular season?
winning the SB, going undefeated, things like that

Yankees: #AllRise
Old 07-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elements

If you create a coach or player, and then stop playing as that entity, they retire permanently from the game.

2. Upon release date, Can the commish of a newly created OF make all of the recent NFL Changes to make rosters up to date or do we have to wait 3-4 weeks for the 1st update?

You cannot edit rosters, but there is always a Day 1 roster update.

There is a salary cap, I believe the bidding process is gone. I would imagine that in the first season, it is first come first serve as long as you have cap room.

Auto-Pilot, new CC mode controls such as All-Coaches, All-Players, Specific players, or a mix.

Probably not.

XP is spent on progressing players.

Yes, in both online and offline there will be the usual slew of awards.

The same way an NFL coach would. If you run a 3-4 you don't want pass rushing DE's...

Yes, and if you "offend" the player, they will shut down negotiations with you.

I don't believe you can turn off that feature, and why would you want to?

Trade logic has been redone, but with Human-Human trades the commissioner will have to police that obviously.

We won't know this until the game drops. I would assume, going undefeated, or having major single season records broken; such as passing TD's, Rushing Yards, etc.

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Old 07-20-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
We won't know this until the game drops. I would assume, going undefeated, or having major single season records broken; such as passing TD's, Rushing Yards, etc.
Coach XP is NOT for progressing players. It is for administrative boosts.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-20-2012, 09:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5
Right, but the XP your players earn is for progression

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

GAMERTAG: ZACKATTACK52
REGION: PHILADELPHIA
FAVORITE TEAM: RAVENS
FAVORITE PLAYER: RAY LEWIS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACKATTACK52
Right, but the XP your players earn is for progression

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
Yessir!!!!
Old 07-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #7
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

I have a qustion for the GC guy.

As "coach" in CC mode can I hire/fire my coordinators? What about stadium upgrades and endorsement deals in the off-season?

Is all that still there?
Old 07-20-2012, 12:20 PM   #8
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Yessir!!!!
Wait but you boost the players on your team with the xp THEY earn, right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »