Home

$27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit

This is a discussion on $27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2012, 01:24 AM   #73
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: $27 Million Settlement Announced in EA Madden Price-Fixing Lawsuit

If this helps get a more realistic game of ball out there.....then Im all for it

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 07-21-2012, 01:54 AM   #74
MVP

OVR: 3

This is basically nothing. Doesn't change anything. $27 million may sound like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things EA's position is more or less unchanged. They still got their prized NFL license all to themselves, and will likely fight tooth and nail to keep it that way.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #75
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyBass
This is basically nothing. Doesn't change anything. $27 million may sound like a lot, but in the grand scheme of things EA's position is more or less unchanged. They still got their prized NFL license all to themselves, and will likely fight tooth and nail to keep it that way.
Spoiler
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2012, 02:29 AM   #76
Rookie

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by DickDalewood
Train wreck? A bit on the barebones side, sure, but on the field, that game is the best playing representation of football ever made.
Yes, I would agree with APF2k8 having the best overall gameplay of any football game. But I believe many people overrate NFL2k5 and APF2k8. Either way, I hope that we finally get competition again, which I firmly believe will help with the all-around quality of football games.
Old 07-21-2012, 02:42 AM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 2

Sounds like they sued for the kitchen sink, but were willing to settle for everything but the kitchen sink, which EA gave.

I'll gladly accept some money from EA, but I consider this whole thing an entirely pointless failure.
Old 07-21-2012, 04:49 AM   #78
Rookie

OVR: 0
If we ever get another NFL game by someone other than EA, I just hope they bring NFL football back to the PC.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:03 AM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 0
Cool, I hate what the exclusive mess has done to the sports gaming industry. I lost two of my favorite games to the exclusive mess. NFL 2K and MVP Baseball. I hate EA because they killed my joy of playing football games. They are simply horrible. On the other hand, 2K was and is more of a inventor of new ways to play games than EA or Sony or any of the other names. That is why 2K did not kill my will to play baseball games. There pitching and batting interaction is far greater than anything "The Show" can give you. So, that is the reason why most of us think 2K when we talk about someone that could bring the interest back to football gaming because EA never even tries to do anything other than marketing and Sony has never exceeded on a high level with any sports game other than the Show. They failed with Shootout and all there football games. 2K destroyed real competition with NBA 2K and was well on there way with NFL 2K.

I will take anyone but 2K is the most qualified to do the job of directly competing and defeating a marketing giant like EA. Hopefully we want be let down with no-one jumping in to NCAA. I personally think the saga will continue. 2K will make College Football and EA will bring back baseball next gen. Hopefully we will all love both products.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 AM   #80
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlekiller
If we ever get another NFL game by someone other than EA, I just hope they bring NFL football back to the PC.
I would love to see EA sports line up on the PC side of things....I can finally use Origins other than BF3 and Mass Effect 3.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »