Home

Madden 13 - Player Progression?

This is a discussion on Madden 13 - Player Progression? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2012, 02:13 PM   #1
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2
Madden 13 - Player Progression?

I'm wondering how players are supposed to progress in this game. I think I read somewhere about players potential being alot different this year and I also read something about gaining XP and maybe making players better? I know in NBA 2k12 you got points at the end of each season and you could send your player through a training camp to improve certain attributes.

Any helpful insight about this would be appreciated. I plan on being in an online franchise and choosing the 49ers and have been going through possible trade ideas, but if I can progress players pretty fast I won't be doing as much trading.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Madden 13 - Player Progression?

this has been beaten to death here over the last month or so. go to easports site and read the blogs for the new "connected careers" mode. all the info u need about progression is there....read up....enjoy
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
Tradition Sports Online

RynoAid's Arena

OVR: 29

there are multiple factors to player progression. Players will accumulate XP based on their performance on the field and potentially their ratings in some key categories. Some players may accumulate XP faster than others even if playing time and accomplishments are comparable.

You can then choose what categories to allocate those XP to and the higher a rating in a category, the more it will cost you to add to it.

As a coach, you will also be afforded XP based on your performance, goal achievement etc.. You can buy different packages (there are a bunch) that affect how players progress, how likely it is you can resign players, there are offense "style" packages that will benefit you if you match that gameplan. There are so many different upgrades and options that you can match and pair together as the seasons go by.

That's really how progression works..

TAKING APPLICATIONS NOW FOR CCM LEAGUES
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/rynoaid
Old 07-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RynoAid
there are multiple factors to player progression. Players will accumulate XP based on their performance on the field and potentially their ratings in some key categories. Some players may accumulate XP faster than others even if playing time and accomplishments are comparable.

You can then choose what categories to allocate those XP to and the higher a rating in a category, the more it will cost you to add to it.

As a coach, you will also be afforded XP based on your performance, goal achievement etc.. You can buy different packages (there are a bunch) that affect how players progress, how likely it is you can resign players, there are offense "style" packages that will benefit you if you match that gameplan. There are so many different upgrades and options that you can match and pair together as the seasons go by.

That's really how progression works..
Thanks. Quick reply and good detail.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:13 PM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

There is a screen that gives you information on what each individual players goals are and how much xp they will earn for achieving them.

Go to:
More > Personnel > Team Goals

Select an individual. It will show the players 3 "Weekly Goals".
Use R1 (on PS3) for huge amount of "Milestone Goals". Use R1 again for the 4 "Season Goals".

I have noticed that different WR's with varying OVR's will have different goals and XP Rewards.

Using this I now how much receptions and TD's are required for my WR's weekly goals as well as what I'll need for their season totals.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #6
Just started!

I still play my Madden 07 franchise because since that game, all Maddens have ruined player progression IMO. I like to have a team full of young studs, and if they perform well on the field, they jump up in rating. I thought Madden 13 might have finally come with something that would spark my interest, but I'm hearing its very difficult to progress non-starters... is this true? Can anyone recommend the last version of other sports games that have a progression system similar to the Madden 06/07 versions?
Old 10-01-2012, 09:03 PM   #7
Just started!

Guess not.
Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #8
Rookie

koszak27's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattimus7
...but I'm hearing its very difficult to progress non-starters... is this true?
If you do weekly practices, every player on your team earns the same XP regardless of playing or not. Example: "Easy Win" will get you 1800 Coach XP and 1500 XP for every player on your roster, even your 4th string QB. If you do that each week...

"It is amazing how many drivers think that the brakes are for slowing the car down."
Mario Andretti

FIFA '15 Dynasty: Team of Randoms

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »