Home

Game atmosphere.

This is a discussion on Game atmosphere. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #9
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Game atmosphere.

Completely agree OP and it all seems to fall under the umbrella of lacking network broadcast presentation. I have been to live non-NFL football games and I prefer the atmosphere generated through a real network broadcast than I do to the actual live atmosphere of the game. The broadcast hypes me up and draws me into the live game and these needs to replicated far better in Madden.

For example, when a player fumbles the ball away and the other team recovers, that's high drama that a network broadcast capitalizes on to immerse the viewer. They use the commentary, along with camera shots of the crowd, coaches, other players and the fumblers reactions to create a simple but very immersive moment. Same goes for INTs, timely penalties and all the incremental moments that replicate a cohesive live emotional atmosphere, to immerse the gamer.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

EA SPORTS, if it's in the game, we'll come up with a decade of excuses why it's not in ours...
Old 07-28-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

I remember in a last gen Madden, in the only time I actually finished a season, that they had empty seats in the Cardinals stadium (when they weren't doing so hot). Of course, I could be wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 12:58 PM   #12
Rookie

Lol don't do ea like that its embarassing lmfao j\p. They do need to change the atmosphere so I completely 100% agree

jax_jaguars904 voice via tapatalk
Old 07-28-2012, 02:38 PM   #13
Rookie

CerebrumMusica's Arena

OVR: 7

This has always been one of my biggest complaints about madden. Once you've played one game, the rest just feel stale. There are no dynamics involved. The crowds are my favorite part of sports. Imagine watching a game in a completely empty stadium. It would just be strange...But that's sort of how Madden feels.

I REALLY hope that they at least fixed the attendance during rain/snow games.

Playing the NFC Championship in a half filled Lambeau Field because it is snowing is just insane. I really question these guys a lot of the time. Common sense seems to be becoming less common.

What about custom stadium sounds? Every other major sports game has this. What is Madden waiting for?
Old 07-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #14
Banned

This has alway been one of the weakness of EA game in General, NCAA last gen being a lone exception.
Old 07-28-2012, 03:40 PM   #15
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebrumMusica
This has always been one of my biggest complaints about madden. Once you've played one game, the rest just feel stale. There are no dynamics involved. The crowds are my favorite part of sports. Imagine watching a game in a completely empty stadium. It would just be strange...But that's sort of how Madden feels.

I REALLY hope that they at least fixed the attendance during rain/snow games.

Playing the NFC Championship in a half filled Lambeau Field because it is snowing is just insane. I really question these guys a lot of the time. Common sense seems to be becoming less common.

What about custom stadium sounds? Every other major sports game has this. What is Madden waiting for?
Well said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2012, 03:49 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

This has actually kept me from buying Madden in some years. I remember the crowd being WAY better in the Madden PC version even compared to Madden 12 on the 360.

In playing Madden 12, there were definitely times that I could not hear or tell the difference between a preseason TD and a game winning TD in a playoff game which is utterly ridiculous.

I am really hoping that EA has fixed the atmosphere this year for Madden 13.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »