Home

Anyone know when review copies get sent out?

This is a discussion on Anyone know when review copies get sent out? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #17
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Anyone know when review copies get sent out?

We're always looking for capable writers at VGRevolution.com.

Send some samples to [email protected]
Old 07-31-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohty_t
well CRMosier , if they wont let u know how to get one, then i know i have no chance. hahaha. im surprised they dont give you one now. but i would like to find out how to be a a game reviewer. not just madden but a few others as well . also, not just to get the game for free but to actually be able to give the company an honest review.from a gamers stand point. i think that would be a great side job , even if it dont pay in cash, wouldnt matter. would just like to be able to give an honest review of gameplay. keep up the good work CRMosier
I would just find a site (OS comes to mind) where you can sign up and help do that kind of stuff. Eventually you may get to review top titles.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-31-2012, 09:19 PM   #19
Nza
MVP

Re: Anyone know when review copies get sent out?

I used to run a few review sites and I found EA PR to be one of the better PR people out there - for review copies anyway. Sometimes organizing interviews and preview code was a struggle but then the sites weren't massive so that's understandable. Review copies generally came in a few days before release - only the upper tier outlets would generally get copies when they went gold (outlets they want publishing their reviews on release day, for whatever reasons).

As proven above, there are always a load of middle tier sites looking for contributers, and in general the deal is games you review are keepers - that's your payment.
Old 07-31-2012, 10:15 PM   #20
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

All of the above is on point. Good work Nza.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »