Home

Madden Graphics

This is a discussion on Madden Graphics within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Madden Graphics

I am just sitting here playing Madden 12 after a few month hiatus. I decided to play a game in the Saints dome and as soon as the game fired up I was completely WOW'd. The graphics in The Superdome are absolutely incredible. The colors look great and everything really pops! I tried a few other stadiums and the graphics in the Superdome are literally twice as crisp. Has anybody else ever noticed this?

The reason this is relevant is I have noticed that the Saints stadium is really the only stadium in the game where the grass is bright green and actually looks like real field turf. One of the things they are touting in Madden 13 is a complete overhaul to the grass/turf to get rid of those dark splotches all over the field. Hopefully this will make the graphics pop in every stadium like they do in The Superdome in Madden 12. It could also be the lighting in the dome. Apparently, Madden 13 has also added HDR lighting so I am really hoping the graphics take a big leap this year because of these two additions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Banned

Stampede_94's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Madden Graphics

Graphics have never been the issue so no need to sell anyone on that. The game is visually stunning. The issue here is everything after that seems to go downhill and overlooked and that's where the game is criticized.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
Graphics have never been the issue so no need to sell anyone on that. The game is visually stunning. The issue here is everything after that seems to go downhill and overlooked and that's where the game is criticized.
I disagree with this. Up until this year I thought the game looked really bad. I thought the player models looked bad. This is the first year that I feel like the player models actually look like they are the right scale. They just look really good to me this year. But yeah gameplay > graphics
Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #4
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

I thought Madden 12 visually was pretty outstanding, especially with the broadcast camera angles and lighting.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 07-29-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
I am just sitting here playing Madden 12 after a few month hiatus. I decided to play a game in the Saints dome and as soon as the game fired up I was completely WOW'd. The graphics in The Superdome are absolutely incredible. The colors look great and everything really pops! I tried a few other stadiums and the graphics in the Superdome are literally twice as crisp. Has anybody else ever noticed this?

The reason this is relevant is I have noticed that the Saints stadium is really the only stadium in the game where the grass is bright green and actually looks like real field turf. One of the things they are touting in Madden 13 is a complete overhaul to the grass/turf to get rid of those dark splotches all over the field. Hopefully this will make the graphics pop in every stadium like they do in The Superdome in Madden 12. It could also be the lighting in the dome. Apparently, Madden 13 has also added HDR lighting so I am really hoping the graphics take a big leap this year because of these two additions.
It's because the "Grass is always Greener in the Mercedes Benz Superdome" WHO DAT!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 05:26 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 25
Looks great honestly. Gameplay etc? That's a while different ballgame.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #7
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
Looks great honestly. Gameplay etc? That's a while different ballgame.

Ya I have to agree here. The coverages were horrid in 12'..
I'm glad they brought in a new team for 13'. Imo, with the new engine it's gonna make the game play a whole lot better.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon
Old 07-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #8
Rookie

reddogmaddogbul's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

Minnesota Vikings has the best indoor staduim look to me.Trust me the color of there field looks amazing.Everytime I play at the Vikings stadium I find myself in replay.

Mega
Football is in the building.

Last edited by reddogmaddogbul; 07-30-2012 at 01:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »