Home

PS3 vs. 360

This is a discussion on PS3 vs. 360 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #33
Rookie

xxedgexx's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PS3 vs. 360

On-topic: 360 wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
The only reason is because the 360 is much easier to program on. It really had nothing to do with what system released first.

I own both systems, and the SHOW along with Uncharted is the only reason why my PS3 gets love, everyother game I play on the 360. The games look and play better.
Off-topic: God of War is amazing as well.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:08 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Yeah, ok. This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. It's one thing to say "I'm fine with how it looks on PS3, the muddiness and the jaggies and the stuttering menus and the oil patches all over the field don't bother me." But to then say "There wasn't much graphical difference between the game on both systems" is just, just...wow (see my previous post). The graphical differences were "negligible at best" huh? Is THAT why EA had to realase a graphics PATCH for the PS3 version? You may want to do a search on "Madden 12 graphics on the PS3." Sounds like you'll be surprised at what you find.
I agree with you 100% that the PS3 version of Madden and nba 2k is way off from the 360 versions. You have to realize though, that there are many people here who wouldn't criticize MAdden no matter what. You also have to realize that there are some people who can't tell the difference on pretty much anything.

After a few years on the forums, you start to realize some people will never see it no matter how much proof is placed in front of them with screenshots and videos.

Last year Madden 12 wasn't anywhere near the 360. Even after the ps3 field patch, the field wasn't even close. Not to mention everything else.

I bought the 360 after seeing how much better Madden and 2k looked. Sad I had to do this, because I would like PS3 better on these games if the graphics were equal on these and other titles.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #35
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
I agree with you 100% that the PS3 version of Madden and nba 2k is way off from the 360 versions. You have to realize though, that there are many people here who wouldn't criticize MAdden no matter what. You also have to realize that there are some people who can't tell the difference on pretty much anything.

After a few years on the forums, you start to realize some people will never see it no matter how much proof is placed in front of them with screenshots and videos.

Last year Madden 12 wasn't anywhere near the 360. Even after the ps3 field patch, the field wasn't even close. Not to mention everything else.

I bought the 360 after seeing how much better Madden and 2k looked. Sad I had to do this, because I would like PS3 better on these games if the graphics were equal on these and other titles.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had no desire to get into a debate with those other guys, I just wanted to give the OP a truthful breakdown on his question. I would have wanted the same done for me.

Side note: If I could do it again I'd go 360 and play The Show on PSP or Vita...but back in 07 I was crazy excited for the Show on Ps3. Hopefully 2k, EA and Sony can pull it together on the next gen, but I'll be buying a microsoft console, especially if EA returns to baseball.

Now Playing:

XB1 (Forza Motorsport 6 and Horizon 2)
Switch (Mario Kart and Zelda)
PS3 (old 2k games and the Show)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #36
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
You have to realize though, that there are many people here who wouldn't criticize MAdden no matter what. You also have to realize that there are some people who can't tell the difference on pretty much anything.
Look,I have NO issues criticizing a game,and I sure as hell have no allegiance with Madden or any other game,so what I quoted is a bunch of bull.

As I have stated (over and over) I did have a 360,and HAVE played Madden on 360,and while it does look better in some areas,it's not THAT big of a difference.

The biggest difference,is the 360 version has higher contrast,if anybody wants to use Lens of truth as a barometer,so be it....but I've found sooo many inconsistencies with their "comparisons" it's not even funny.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-07-2012, 05:10 PM   #37
Fear Me

Kramer5150's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I had no desire to get into a debate with those other guys, I just wanted to give the OP a truthful breakdown on his question. I would have wanted the same done for me.
Giving your "breakdown" is one thing,but when you have to use insults to try and accomplish this,is beyond ridiculous.
“I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest – If you can’t take it, you shouldn’t play!” Jack Lambert
Quote:
“Quarterbacks should wear dresses.” Jack Lambert
Old 08-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #38
All Star

DickDalewood's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Yeah, ok. This is EXACTLY the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. It's one thing to say "I'm fine with how it looks on PS3, the muddiness and the jaggies and the stuttering menus and the oil patches all over the field don't bother me." But to then say "There wasn't much graphical difference between the game on both systems" is just, just...wow (see my previous post). The graphical differences were "negligible at best" huh? Is THAT why EA had to realase a graphics PATCH for the PS3 version? You may want to do a search on "Madden 12 graphics on the PS3." Sounds like you'll be surprised at what you find.

Like I said, I owned the game on both last year. Negligible, at best.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:02 PM   #39
Pro

22cedric's Arena

OVR: 11

XBOX 360 is better graphically since devs don't know how to utilize the PS3 cell processor to it's full potiental. Rumor is Sony is scrapping the Cell processor for a AMD processor for PS4.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:10 PM   #40
RIP Brodie!!!

CaptainZombie's Arena

OVR: 49

It's a shame with threads like these since they can help people out trying to make a decision and yet they turn out into TROLL WARS as I'm seeing here with a few people. Way too many biased people for one console or the other not being able to see that there is a difference between both versions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »