Home

Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Rating

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Rating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2012, 03:02 PM   #17
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Ratin

Drew Brees.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #18
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Quarterback with the Highest Awareness Ratin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Why would he deserve it? When you have illegal tapes of other teams it's much easier to carve up a defense...
I hate Brady as much as the next guy, but that was just an unnecessary shot with nothing to do with anything.

Last edited by Champion8877; 08-02-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #19
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

If Tom Brady doesn't win this I don't think he will win anything.

The problem with the statistics that you guys have been using in these recent threads or even any statistic in general is that they don't capture the circumstance well enough.

For example, saying Brady's season was overrated last year because he didn't throw +20 yards as much as Aaron Rodgers is actually a flawed statistic because Brady didn't have a deep threat receiver, an the offense he was in wasn't very deep pass friendly. That's one way that statistic is flawed.

But before I really close out on what I'm saying, can someone better explain the awareness rating in general?
Old 08-02-2012, 04:37 PM   #20
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't know what drugs you guys are on, but Peyton has only been sacked 231 times in his career!
Brady - 276 (few years less than Peyton)
Brees - 208 (few years less than Peyton)

Sacked % over career.
Peyton Manning - 3.1
Tom Brady - 4.9
Drew Brees - 3.7
and Peyton has been in the league longer than both.

Interception %
Peyton Manning - 2.7
Tom Brady - 2.2
Drew Brees - 2.7
Brady has the slight edge over Manning in this but has also been in the league a few years less.

Game winning drives.
Peyton Manning - 46
Tom Brady - 35
Drew Brees - 29

All of these things take a huge amount of awareness in the pocket and Manning has been the best. So i don't see a debate that can be made, this goes to the GOAT himself, Peyton Manning.

I rest my case.
Old 08-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #21
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
I don't know what drugs you guys are on, but Peyton has only been sacked 231 times in his career!
Brady - 276 (few years less than Peyton)
Brees - 208 (few years less than Peyton)

Sacked % over career.
Peyton Manning - 3.1
Tom Brady - 4.9
Drew Brees - 3.7
and Peyton has been in the league longer than both.

Interception %
Peyton Manning - 2.7
Tom Brady - 2.2
Drew Brees - 2.7
Brady has the slight edge over Manning in this but has also been in the league a few years less.

Game winning drives.
Peyton Manning - 46
Tom Brady - 35
Drew Brees - 29

All of these things take a huge amount of awareness in the pocket and Manning has been the best. So i don't see a debate that can be made, this goes to the GOAT himself, Peyton Manning.

I rest my case.
Look at my POST EARLIER where I explain that stats alone aren't a good enough way to judge a player because the CIRCUMSTANCE. Who has the better o-line? Who has the better receivers? What type of skill set do the receivers have? Are they tall? How many times have they passed the ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #22
Banned

codyj123_321's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Look at my POST EARLIER where I explain that stats alone aren't a good enough way to judge a player because the CIRCUMSTANCE. Who has the better o-line? Who has the better receivers? What type of skill set do the receivers have? Are they tall? How many times have they passed the ball?
Yes, stats are good enough. That's what the sport is measured on dude. I think Brady's patriots have been far more superior in talent. Take Brady away and they still won 11 games, take Peyton away colts won 2. Now whose the better team again?
Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #23
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Yes, stats are good enough. That's what the sport is measured on dude. I think Brady's patriots have been far more superior in talent. Take Brady away and they still won 11 games, take Peyton away colts won 2. Now whose the better team again?
Again, realize circumstance. The Colts made sure they secured the #1 overall pick so they made sure they didn't much games at all. Also, they were starting Curtis Painter and Kerry Colins, notice when they bring in Orlovsky, they won 2 out of their last couple of games if I'm not mistaken.

The 11-5 year was a result of Cassel losing to every good team (5) that Brady beat. That 11-5 year would've been a 16-0 year given a pretty easy schedule they received that year. Plus, Brady has only had some 4-5 years good receiving talent, 2-3 years of consistent rushing talent, and has had bad defenses the last couple of years. Peyton has had a couple thousand yard rushers if I'm not mistaken, good receiving talent, and at least 5 years of a Top 5 defense. But this isn't the point.

But the point of this post isn't to say which QB is better, is to say they using a select few statistics to determine a certain QB's skill (in this case, awareness) is inaccurate.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

Honestly out of Brady, Brees, and Manning I don't think anyone could make a solid argument against any of them. 3-way tie IMO. All are Elite at pre-snap, against pressure, reading coverages, and pocket presence. Too hard to justify one being better than the other at these things because there isn't a wealth of hard evidence.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »