Home

miracle comebacks

This is a discussion on miracle comebacks within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2003, 08:21 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: miracle comebacks

Once again, this stuff has never happened to me. Fumbling on 2 and definitely not 3 straight possessions. I think it's because I'm always trying to outsmart the computer THROUGHOUT the game. Throwing them totally different looks on defense so when they try to rally, they end up always failing. Here's a hint...don't always go for the homerun play, dive & get on the ground, stay in bounds, for God's sake throw the ball away sometimes & on defense make sure your audibles are varied enough to throw multiple looks at the computer. Then again, you people who are up by 28 & then lose just need to give up. Your game sucks. LOL
Old 10-23-2003, 01:35 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 5

The runningback only does the spin move if the controlled defender is running full speed at him. Rarely does he spin when the defender is not using the speed button...the reason why the computer completes 20 passes in a row at the end of games (or anytime) is because once they get into a rhythm, its hard to stop them. Try playing an all out zone in the Flat Dime formation, this helps reduce the quick pass completions by the CPU quarterback.
Old 10-23-2003, 03:39 PM   #19
MVP

KillRoy's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:

The runningback only does the spin move if the controlled defender is running full speed at him.

no way... i`ve seen the AI run right up the middle or off tackle and do some jukes and spin moves and break it for a long TD run. it`s totally insane when it does this! it`s like spin juke, spin juke AI in for 6... it`s so annoying!

and i could defend the pass better if the camera angle was different but that is yet another AI cheat. don`t tell me none of you have noticed this? on AI passing plays the camera does not drop back like it does when you have the ball.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:24 PM   #20
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Yeah, I'd like to see them have the camera drop back when the computer is passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »