Home

Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tuesday, Most Likely August 14th

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tuesday, Most Likely August 14th within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 05:13 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Not true, they have said it is a very early representitive of the game. Will the demo include the engine
No it usually is due to the time it takes to get it ready and have it go through 1st party. The later they release the demo... The further along the game will be on the version they build the demo with. Yes it will have the infinity engine.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-06-2012, 05:15 PM   #50
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
The funny thing is if the demo is phenomenal there will be people touting that as a good sign for the retail but if it's meh, some of those same people will be saying "it's just a demo" and vice versa.

I don't put much stock in it either way other than trying to point out what I feel needs to be improved hopefully before release and what seems solid. That's why I think it's a wasted opportunity to release the demo so close to the retail release. An early demo seems like a great way to get a jump on inevitable issues that can be easily caught by the masses, using the demo like a beta test. Of course the demo will have issues so it seems like a good idea to me to release it early and make it about finding/reporting those issues than just about sampling the game play.
Honestly... I'm not going to download the demo. Seriously.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:28 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 13 Demo NOT Coming Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Honestly... I'm not going to download the demo. Seriously.

Sorry, I think your a good poster. But, I hate these comments, since you're a GC. I know you didn't try to rub it in. But lets be honest: you've played a more recent version of Madden 13 already, so you're right there's really no reason for you to play it. And, more importantly, you'll probably get the full game before we even have the chance to download the demo. It just rubbed me the wrong way a little, but it's no big FN deal!

To the people who say E3 for gameplay videos, half the videos seem in super speed. And for someone who values commentary, it's sure annoying to try to pick up what they're saying above the noise. Just saying!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Sorry, I think your a good poster. But, I hate these comments, since you're a GC. I know you didn't try to rub it in. But lets be honest: you've played a more recent version of Madden 13 already, so you're right there's really no reason for you to play it. And, more importantly, you'll probably get the full game before we even have the chance to download the demo. It just rubbed me the wrong way a little, but it's no big FN deal!

To the people who say E3 for gameplay videos, half the videos seem in super speed. And for someone who values commentary, it's sure annoying to try to pick up what they're saying above the noise. Just saying!
Sorry man, that wasn't my intention. I'm just not a big demo guy unless it unlocks something I would use. But honestly I think this demo will be the closest to retail in many areas that we have ever seen.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #53
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I would appreciate a retail-esque demo more than anything, actually. I think there's too much we all want to know that wouldn't be figured out playing two teams in one exhibition game.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Sorry man, that wasn't my intention. I'm just not a big demo guy unless it unlocks something I would use. But honestly I think this demo will be the closest to retail in many areas that we have ever seen.

That's what I figured, because you're a good dude from what I can tell. I agree, demos have their purpose, but don't tell the whole picture. A HUGE upgrade in Madden won't even be touched in the demo for people on the fence: CCM.
Old 08-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
That's what I figured, because you're a good dude from what I can tell. I agree, demos have their purpose, but don't tell the whole picture. A HUGE upgrade in Madden won't even be touched in the demo for people on the fence: CCM.
Yeah I agree... That's my main concern right now anyways.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM   #56
MVP

OVR: 30

[quote=SageInfinite;2043970122] The waiting continues.....[/QUOTE

Lmao!...but my reaction was more like "CUFF!!!", unedited and no Snoop Lion image in my head.
I was hoping for an early release like 10's demo was (wasn't it, at least with that preorder deally at Game Stop??) but then I figured since there was no week before notice, at the very least, that we could be lookin at the ole 2weeks prior deally. And this woulda been the perfect week to release it since preseason kicked off yesterday. Wouldn't be surprised if it got snuck in there for tomorrow. I can hope, can't I?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »