Home

CCM + lack of Editing a contradiction?

This is a discussion on CCM + lack of Editing a contradiction? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #49
Banned

Jibbler's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: CCM + lack of Editing a contradiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
For the record, The Sims - I think - is the second-best selling series of video games of all-time. Maybe EA might actually want to do that to get that cross-genre appeal. :P
Hey look I don't mind them doing that for something like Superstar mode, but don't f''''''' with franchise mode where us hardcore fans just want to play a realistic football game and customise it for fun and play against real freinds and family.

Exibition mode is the only mode we can use to do that come on!! that hasn't been seen since madden 93 the season mode came in madden 94 and for 18 years we could play every game of the season against freinds and family.

The sad thing is those who have blind faith about it being back next year, look what happend to NHL never gone back.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:39 PM   #50
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29
Let me get this out the way by saying I hate what has been done with CCM and I'll be passing on Madden this year. Now onto the topic at hand, as was said the minute you play a game in any franchise and say your star players out for the year with freak injuries you already have deviated from real life. As an aside most players wanting player editing don't want to emulate real life.

Also, I'm still on the fence about NEXT year also, as I haven't liked a single thing they've said regarding these removed features returning for 14. But that's another topic for another thread.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:44 PM   #51
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Josh Looman is on record saying that increasing the speed rating is particularly expensive from an XP standpoint. If you don't have elite speed, you are going to be sacrificing a lot of XP to get elite speed; XP that could be spent elsewhere to become a more well-rounded player.

It game-ifies the player improvement. It reinforces the football portion of Madden's gameplay. It's a good system.
It will be a good system if it's balanced properly.

Look at NBA 2k's Myplayer for an example of how to NOT balance it properly. Way too easy to end up with an elite player.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 09:48 PM   #52
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

Look at NBA 2k's Myplayer for an example of how to NOT balance it properly. Way too easy to end up with an elite player.
It will be interesting to see. I'm thinking it may turn out to be almost too difficult to progress guys. Part of me hopes it's that way too.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #53
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
SO your saying every single person in this life can get as fast as Bolt? even some overwright guy?? come on!! it doesn't happen Speed is soemthing you have or you don't and speed if anything gets lower as you get older
That isn't what i'm saying. But people do get faster if they train. Bolt obviously couldn't run a 9.58 when he first started running track.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #54
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjames01
I would suggest that players who have to edit teams, just learn how to coach, draft, scout and manage a salary cap. Your team should be as good as your skills and football knowledge, not what data you are changing.
Riddle me this, what if i want to add a visor to a player i just drafted or take one off a player that doesnt wear one in real life? Trust me i cant do all the things you mentioned and have a plethora of football knowledge. So how does that help me in this case? I impatiently await your response.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:56 PM   #55
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop

Speaking as someone who has experience balancing a couple of RPGs... it can be really hard. I don't envy the task Josh and his company had, though I'm confident that they worked to the best of their ability to make as balanced as they could in the time permitted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 09:58 PM   #56
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Riddle me this, what if i want to add a visor to a player i just drafted or take one off a player that doesnt wear one in real life? Trust me i cant do all the things you mentioned and have a plethora of football knowledge. So how does that help me in this case? I impatiently await your response.
I couldn't care less about a visor. I'm just worried about resigning Stafford and Suh and being able to sign my draft picks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »