Home

Madden 13 TheGameGuysBlog Interview with Josh Looman(new info about H2H games in CCM)

This is a discussion on Madden 13 TheGameGuysBlog Interview with Josh Looman(new info about H2H games in CCM) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:52 PM   #17
Text Battle Rec: 36-4

JerzeyReign's Arena

OVR: 43
Re: Madden 13 TheGameGuysBlog Interview with Josh Looman(new info about H2H games in

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Well there was one thing that was new, at least to me. When you play a head to head game online if you are a player and they are a coach, you only control your player while the other person controls their team. This means if your a player only and choose to be a qb and your offense isn't on the field, that you will watch your defense play against the other player in a spectator type mode. They also mentioned that unlike in RTG you will be able to choose your plays when you play as a player only.
Bruh, all those videos you were posting awhile ago and you missed that? lol It was either in one of the videos you posted or in one of these threads around here that that was explained. Could of been on another forum but I'm sure I came across that info thru OS.
Old 08-09-2012, 03:53 PM   #18
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Madden 13 TheGameGuysBlog Interview with Josh Looman(new info about H2H games in

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
Bruh, all those videos you were posting awhile ago and you missed that? lol It was either in one of the videos you posted or in one of these threads around here that that was explained. Could of been on another forum but I'm sure I came across that info thru OS.
i remember it as well my not have been in a vid though might have been a tweet.
Old 08-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 0
So basically if I play corner in superstar and my offense is sucking *** then I have to hope the ai will play lights out for me when the coach of the other team can just user catch and all that bs while I just wait till they throw or run a play to my side or area. That's bs and I'm surprised nobody mentioned that like that makes a lot of sense lol. Even being able to play both sides of the ball vs a user just locked on one player is fair and makes sense how? I see a lot of ppl on here must love the koolaid cuz its a lot of cups I see around here.

jax_jaguars904 voice via tapatalk
Old 08-10-2012, 12:39 AM   #20
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_Jaguars904
So basically if I play corner in superstar and my offense is sucking *** then I have to hope the ai will play lights out for me when the coach of the other team can just user catch and all that bs while I just wait till they throw or run a play to my side or area. That's bs and I'm surprised nobody mentioned that like that makes a lot of sense lol. Even being able to play both sides of the ball vs a user just locked on one player is fair and makes sense how? I see a lot of ppl on here must love the koolaid cuz its a lot of cups I see around here.

jax_jaguars904 voice via tapatalk
if it pisses you off that much that you cant control your whole team when you pick to be a single player and a user that picks to play as a coach can, you have 2 options don't play other users that pick coaches or dont play as a player. simple huh
Old 08-10-2012, 12:56 AM   #21
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
if it pisses you off that much that you cant control your whole team when you pick to be a single player and a user that picks to play as a coach can, you have 2 options don't play other users that pick coaches or dont play as a player. simple huh
Fifa my player gives u the option to play that mode as your player only or controlling the whole team. Wish that they would add that to madden. Options are everyones friend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #22
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryJones3
Wait, why? I play offline franchise and I've followed connected careers pretty closely. I know we can't edit players but what else is missing?
Let's see. Owner/GM mode. Been able to fire and hire a New HC, OC, or DC and not been able to relocate your team to another city or state like could in past maddens. I can do without that this year for the sake of trying to make CCM work. But those things really need to be added back in next year. I love to be able to control all aspects of the team from Owner/GM to HC all at once. Thing is you don't see the HC dealing with player contracts and stuff like that GM does things like. So having a HC doing front office stuff like that is so unreal. That is what needs to added back into CCM next year for sure.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:19 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
True, this does just reinforce having the same major question I have about CCM...

If coding three modes was so time consuming...if coding this all-in-one mode is so much more time friendly...but if we have just the bare bones of our usual features after coding CCM for at least two years already...how is this code better exactly? Simply put...Huh???

It's not a matter of being upset, I promise. It's a matter of it not making any sense. Follow:

Next year if we get all the great features back, he can say it's because the code is so much more time friendly...but it'll contradict him saying they couldn't get it done in two plus years working on it because they ran out of time.

Next year if we get only a few of the features so many want back, then he can say how it took two plus years just to get where Madden 13 was, so it'll just be a longer process...but it'll contradict all he said about the code being easier and more time friendly.

Which is it? It seems to be either genius marketing via contradictions (that apparently far too many people aren't questioning and just willing to believe), or he really doesn't know what he's saying. It's hilarious and sad at the same time.

So forget any assumptions you may have that I am upset about missing features. I've already figured a way around all that. I think I can enjoy the game no matter what. What I'm getting at is that what this guy keeps saying makes no logical sense to me whatsoever.
They have not been coding ccm for 2 years. That 2 year time span includes UI mock up, concepts, and hammering out details. It's not a fast process. They have only been building it in game since October I believe.

You keep going back to some greater conspiracy theory in.every thread. The truth is in front of you... Don't ignore it. This isn't the Freaking X-Files lol.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars85042
Sounds like they got It all right this time, but he is evaluating his own game? CCM sounds really good; don't know how I feel about someone controlling one person while I control my team, but let's try it out.
With the additions they've made like a salary cap & giving the player more options I defenatly think CCM should get the benefit of the doubt.
I'm excited
It's an option that the commish can control. Find a league that goes with how YOU want to play. There are at least 100 right now getting ready that I could point you to specifically. Not to mention all of the stragglers that still use "free forums"

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »