Home

Let's be real: Connected Careers

This is a discussion on Let's be real: Connected Careers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Unhappy Let's be real: Connected Careers

Alright, so by now many people have played the demo and also know what "Connected Careers" is. The concept of the mode IS pretty sweet and does make for a much more interesting, possibly more involved experience with Madden.

For once the most alarming thing for me concerning Madden isn't even the gameplay. The demo is generally decent thus far, but Connected Careers took away the only thing I enjoyed doing in Madden... Fantasy Draft Franchise. Not to mention the inability to import draft classes from NCAA, use custom playbooks within your coached team and edit players (outside or inside connected career). Just too many features removed for me to care.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/11...-madden-nfl-13
Quote:
"There are of course downsides that accompany major changes to a mode and they will attract the ire of those who have become accustomed to utilizing certain features over the years. There will be no player editing of any kind, custom playbooks are not able to be used within the mode, and there is no “fantasy draft” at the start. There will also be no ability to import a draft class from NCAA Football 13. The time to implement properly was not there but for those who place high value on them why they’re not included won’t matter."
No way I will be purchasing this game at $60 new. Even $40 new would be pushing it. If it drops to $30 for Black Friday, then I'll consider giving EA my money, otherwise I'm passing altogether. Maybe next year...

What are your thoughts on EA HAVING to leave out features they've had for years?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #2
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Let's be real: Connected Careers

Quote:
Originally Posted by xJxJx
Alright, so by now many people have played the demo and also know what "Connected Careers" is. The concept of the mode IS pretty sweet and does make for a much more interesting, possibly more involved experience with Madden.

For once the most alarming thing for me concerning Madden isn't even the gameplay. The demo is generally decent thus far, but Connected Careers took away the only thing I enjoyed doing in Madden... Fantasy Draft Franchise. Not to mention the inability to import draft classes from NCAA, use custom playbooks within your coached team and edit players (outside or inside connected career). Just too many features removed for me to care.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2012/06/11...-madden-nfl-13
No way I will be purchasing this game at $60 new. Even $40 new would be pushing it. If it drops to $30 for Black Friday, then I'll consider giving EA my money, otherwise I'm passing altogether. Maybe next year...

What are your thoughts on EA HAVING to leave out features they've had for years?

there are tons of threads about this why make a new one?
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...d.php?t=555944
Old 08-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #4
Banned

Mostly because I felt like it and didn't read the other threads.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:25 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Thank you kind sir.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »