Home

Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions

This is a discussion on Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2012, 07:28 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 13 PS Vita Demo Available Now, Post Impresssions

Its fun for me.

Madden 12 for PSP is their what 6 game on the system?....this is their first on the Vita. And to be honest, again, I didn't think it could run so smooth gameplay wise. Especially since, unlike Fifa, the playermodels are next to each other, interacting, and bunched up...way more often than a soccer game.

Slow downs have occurred in other Vita sports games when in cutscene mode... MLB The Show, Fifa, and now Madden...the common factor? They are all ports of the PS3 engine. But that all being said, they were all still fun imo. I'm sure next year they'll clean it up once all these devs learn more about the system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 07:41 PM   #26
Rookie

cnchavis's Arena

OVR: 0

The game has the Madden feel for sure, my only concern atm is that in my first game, at half with 2 min quarters i had 4 td's and 8 sacks, Manning was hit or sacked every single play. This worries me.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:59 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 3

Enjoyed playing a couple of quarters. After playing Madden on iPhone/iPad, this is a world of difference for mobile football. My order to Amazon is already in, but I'm hoping they can fix the slowdown that's present in the menus, playcalling, and the kicking game. When you're used to making adjustments on the fly, but the game can't keep up, it kills the Madden experience some.

Cosign all the feedback about how sharp the game looks though it does come with screen tearing as a consequence. I'd die a happy man if the PS3 version would ever get sharp IQ like what's here in the Vita version.

Considering the demo is always a couple months behind the final product, I'm hopeful for a great game.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #28
Rookie

Is anyone having a hard time passing? they players are so small and so far away, i cant even see who is open, and am getting sacked 10 times a game trying to determine if the player is open. WOW is that frustrating. Graphics are much better than Madden 12 on the PSP, but at least i could see the WR's to pass. It pans to the whole field, and you cant see any depth between the defenders and the offensive guys.

Last edited by griswolds; 08-14-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnchavis
The game has the Madden feel for sure, my only concern atm is that in my first game, at half with 2 min quarters i had 4 td's and 8 sacks, Manning was hit or sacked every single play. This worries me.
this also happened to me my second game. The pats dominated from start to finish for some reason
Old 08-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #30
Pro

SincerelYourz's Arena

OVR: 3

i'm loving this game!!!
Old 08-14-2012, 08:49 PM   #31
MVP

opd897's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnchavis
If you are playing on the default difficulty then you're playing on pro which can be like this. The difficulty can be changed before the game, the square button I think. I too dominated before finding this and upping the difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #32
Rookie

Nexgenrulz's Arena

OVR: 2

There are no refs on the field, just the cutscenes. Nets made it in. I concur with the others, impressive. I was surprised on how well it plays and looks. Thumbs up to EA.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »