Home

Xbox 360 vs. PS3

This is a discussion on Xbox 360 vs. PS3 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 05:39 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Xbox 360 vs. PS3

I am going to test them more back-to-back tonight. It has to be random coincidence that they played differently unless the PS3 demo build was a little further along. The kinect integration appears to be getting mixed reviews so unless the graphics are noticeably better on xbox I prefer to go with PS3 simply because my kids are always hogging the xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 05:46 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 5

Is it a little odd that PS3's demo is a bigger size than the Xbox 360, or is that normal?
Old 08-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #27
Pro

FinnZzgo's Arena

OVR: 11

Does anyone know if its made at 720p or 1080p?Im running the xbox version at 1080p and the ps3 version at 720p and I thnk the xbox version looks better ..
Old 08-16-2012, 07:35 PM   #28
MVP

NYJin2011tm's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy321813
Is it a little odd that PS3's demo is a bigger size than the Xbox 360, or is that normal?
Aren't Ps3's file sizes always bigger than 360's of the same game?
Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 PM   #29
Worst Gamer Ever

timisone's Arena

OVR: 6

Can I buy a digital copy of Madden 13 on Xbox like I can ps3?
Old 08-16-2012, 09:04 PM   #30
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Ma$$ive
I'm just very excited to come into this thread, and see that the graphics are on par for both systems. Last year was a nightmare, and I was part of the guys that were all taking pictures of fields, helmets, day games, and night games helmets trying to get EA's attention for a patch.

I can't stress how excited I am to see they took time on both systems to get it right as I know the coding for my beloved PS3 can be difficult, and time consuming.

Am I making this up, or do I remember Sony saying that the cell processor that they have is the best when it comes to collisions, and physics? Might be why people seem to think the PS3 is running better in that department. I can only wish its true because I often wonder what Madden on PS3 would be like if they actually used around 14 gigs or even 20+ gigs to make the ps3 version instead of just a port.

It does not play smoother on the ps3...that is nonsense and it does not look as smooth as the 360....How many times we go over this each year....This gen the 360 will always be a lot better or a smidge better when it comes to multi platform games.

EA is not going to spend money on two teams making the game for each console. The game is ported from the main console 360 to PS3

The PS3 still suffers from jaggies and the only reason people claim they see none is because the fields have been sharpen therefore it loosens the affect of the jaggies on the ps3 but they are there for sure.

The shadow details on ps3 for the side line crowds is weaker....When trying to X through a replay it freezes for a second things that do not happen on the 360

The menu still lags a bit on the ps3

Does it look terrible? No it does not and it looks very close to 360 but it is not on par and it does not play smoother.

No multi platform sports game does. Its always going to be best on 360 until next gen consoles come out
Old 08-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #31
Banned

GamingLegendOS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by timisone
Can I buy a digital copy of Madden 13 on Xbox like I can ps3?
You will be able to but not as quick as the ps3 version...PS3 version will be available release day for download the 360 perhaps a month or 2 later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 11:01 PM   #32
Rookie

Gaminglegend normally I would agree but there are some aspects on the ps3 version of the demo I prefer. I absolutely expect the retail xbox version may end up superior and I of course understand the ps3 version is the port. This is exactly why I find it surprising that I am preferring the ps3 DEMO. Yes there are better shadows and less jaggies on xbox but I still find the lighting and color palette on the ps3 leads to a more realistic looking experience. I swear my replays are always spot-on and mouthwatering on ps3 while the xbox seems more like random clips.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »