Home

Who Hates the Replay System? (splines)

This is a discussion on Who Hates the Replay System? (splines) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Do you Like the Multiple/Spline Replay System
Yes. I like seeing three angles during one replay. 14 14.14%
No. Pick one camera angle and show it all the way through. 85 85.86%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #17
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Who Hates the Replay System? (splines)

If you absolutely need to replay something in the demo you can use a challenge to get a slow mo replay.

Last edited by WildFan22; 08-15-2012 at 10:35 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:35 AM   #18
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

Wow--surprised by the reaction here. I'm on the opposite spectrum...I am liking the replays.

I think the game in general is SO FAST, that it's nice to have the replays slowed down. Now, I think it would be great to have commentary talk over a replay and highlight why the play was successful.

With that said, it's incredibly satisfying to see the multiple cut replay show how the play progressed from start to finish. I love seeing a QB get the ball out *right* before getting smashed, and seeing the WR catch it for a first down on the sideline.

Seeing some of the hits in slow mo look great to me, too. I saw Vernon Davis catch a pass and get clobbed, where his body went backwards and his feet went up and forwards. In slow mo, it looked even more painful.

Saw another where Alex Smith rolled out, got hit, and threw a pick six. In replay it was incredible to see Smith flushed out of the pocket slowly, get hit, and a close up of the ball floating in the air and into the defender's hands, as the WR watched helplessly.

I think they could mix it up, though. Sometimes I see replays of 2 yard running plays that go no where, and no replays of the 3rd down conversion pass to the sideline for 15 yards. That's weird.

They could also mix it up and show a few more full length replays in less slowed down motion. But I think the replays are more interesting to watch, because they're showing the play in a speed I wouldn't otherwise get to see because I'm playing the game in faster motion. To me, seeing a replay of the play that's in the same speed as the actual gameplay is counter-intuitive.

Last edited by PacMan3000; 08-15-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:02 AM   #19
MVP

Tengo Juego's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
If you absolutely need to replay something in the demo you can use a challenge to get a slow mo replay.
Why would you waste a TO and a challenge on seeing a cut replay? The demo is suffering from the shortened replays to boot.

This is another legacy issue with Madden. Booth reviews and challenge replays are still awful. They often don't even show the play that is being challenged. i.e. A fumble review showing the defender recovering the fumble 3 times in slow-mo instead of the actual fumble, and checking to see if the player was down prior to fumbling.

Old 08-15-2012, 11:04 AM   #20
Leyenda

RoundingThird's Arena

OVR: 30

I don't really care. If you see one angle it's not conclusive, but it's annoying when they cut they play and move to the different angle.
Old 08-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #21
Pro

WildFan22's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengo Juego
Why would you waste a TO and a challenge on seeing a cut replay? The demo is suffering from the shortened replays to boot.

This is another legacy issue with Madden. Booth reviews and challenge replays are still awful. They often don't even show the play that is being challenged. i.e. A fumble review showing the defender recovering the fumble 3 times in slow-mo instead of the actual fumble, and checking to see if the player was down prior to fumbling.
Challenges are practically useless so I never hesitate to use them. I can't remember when they worked but in 2k5 you could challenge a play and even pick what part of the play you wanted to challenge. The challenge system goes against their stated philosophy of not including something in the game unless it works.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildFan22
Challenges are practically useless so I never hesitate to use them. I can't remember when they worked but in 2k5 you could challenge a play and even pick what part of the play you wanted to challenge. The challenge system goes against their stated philosophy of not including something in the game unless it works.
Challenges aren't in the demo (I tried to challenge, it wasn't in the coach opotions)...the computer decides on the challenge and replays.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM   #23
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

No, challenges are in the demo. I was able to challenge a play.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #24
MVP

TreFacTor's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000
No, challenges are in the demo. I was able to challenge a play.
Your right its there, it just wouldn't allow me to challenge the play I wanted even though it was a spot challenge. I guess the computer just decides what is and isn't challengable.
'

just wanted to add... why am i looking at Alex Smith and that funky hand towel instead of Frank Gore running over Pierre Paul after a screen inside the twenty five....smh

Last edited by TreFacTor; 08-16-2012 at 03:09 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »