Home

The Madden "Community" has...

This is a discussion on The Madden "Community" has... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 02:33 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
The Madden "Community" has...

really become UN-PLEASABLE for the most part.
I mean jeez there are people on these forums and on EA's who have said that the franchise is a complete JOKE and would never be taken seriously until RTP is implemented and now it has been and its being considered to be a step backward by so many people?? HUH?
Im not going to act as though its perfect by any means however, this demo is more playable and realistic than ANY previous Madden released.
Hopefully EA won't listen to most of the complaints voiced by those who will NEVER be happy with anything that the Madden team does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #2
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: The Madden "Community" has...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarCityBandit
really become UN-PLEASABLE for the most part.
I mean jeez there are people on these forums and on EA's who have said that the franchise is a complete JOKE and would never be taken seriously until RTP is implemented and now it has been and its being considered to be a step backward by so many people?? HUH?
Im not going to act as though its perfect by any means however, this demo is more playable and realistic than ANY previous Madden released.
Hopefully EA won't listen to most of the complaints voiced by those who will NEVER be happy with anything that the Madden team does.
Im sorry for sounding ignorant....but what is RTP? I keep seeing that posted and I have NO clue what it is!
Old 08-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

No stress, it means Real Time Physics.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
Im sorry for sounding ignorant....but what is RTP? I keep seeing that posted and I have NO clue what it is!
"Real Time Physics" the Infinity Engine
Old 08-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #5
Pro

Ky3217's Arena

OVR: 5

From what I've seen. Most people are actually happy with RTP. I actually havent seen anyone call it a "step backwards."

What I've seen people complain about are the lack of editing, lack of imported draft classes, etc.

https://www.twitch.tv/ky3217
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2012, 02:46 PM   #6
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

ahh Real Time Physics. Makes sense lol. Thanks for the help gentlemen.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:52 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 0

I just think backbreaker set the bar at what physics can be in a football game. I was expecting something on par with that or better. Turns out it is way worse and more of a gimmic like protak...

I just think it's pointless engine if you aren't going to have better running animations/footplanting/weight/momentum/feel to the game. They should have focused on that first.
Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #8
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ky3217
From what I've seen. Most people are actually happy with RTP. I actually havent seen anyone call it a "step backwards."

What I've seen people complain about are the lack of editing, lack of imported draft classes, etc.
Dude...you likely won't hear it anymore. Look in the game manuals. It says all of that stuff and more editing power (uniform customization) is "in the game." I hope it's not all typos, but there's plenty of editing power listed in the manual, and none of it is worded as restricted to a certain mode.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »