Home

OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

This is a discussion on OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #25
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Nice roundtable! I agree with Jayson Young in particular. "For every good change the Madden NFL 13 team has made, there are a dozen other generation-long issues or newly introduced quirks that ultimately sack Madden NFL 13's fun factor in the backfield for a loss."

Exactly how I feel.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 03:00 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0
The game felt very boring...
Old 08-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: OS Roundtable: Madden NFL 13 Demo Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
Nice roundtable! I agree with Jayson Young in particular. "For every good change the Madden NFL 13 team has made, there are a dozen other generation-long issues or newly introduced quirks that ultimately sack Madden NFL 13's fun factor in the backfield for a loss."

Exactly how I feel.
I agree with part of it, but not all of it. The part I agree with is some new quirks.

I don't grade things that aren't in the game and know that they aren't in the game.

Again, back to each their own.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:15 PM   #28
Banned

poohty_t's Arena

OVR: 1
just read the comments not only the guys hear from OS made, but all of the ones below that too . for that matter go to ea forums and see what peps are saying about it. the facts are the facts, EA has once again hyped up a madden series as soo much more than it is , or ever will be as long as the friggin NFL keeps renewing their contract to only allow EA to make a true NFL game.they only did as much as they did as far as "change"( which was pretty much the new engine and cc) because their contract was running out after this one. so they felt like ,lets show the NFL we are working to make it better, maybe they will renew with us again , and we can just copy and paste new maddens for the next 4 years. the only way we will ever get a true NFL game that is great , is with competition, not a monopoly. to me , we all need to be emailing the NFL and letting them know , we the fans, do NOT want them to renew with EA. everyone who has every played 2k8 football , says the same thing , that game is better than even the madden we have today. that was a 5 year old game. we need 2k back in the NFL game making business. they had it right , then EA saw they couldnt compete so they just bought the franchise. we need to not buy this madden , and take the time to email the NFL to let them know how disatisfied we are. the only thing they are gonna listen to is their pocket books. if we dont hit them there to get their attention , they wil jut keep on as they are. and we will all be suffering by not having a good NFL football game to play . i mean madden has had some issues for years now, and they absolutley REFUSE to fix them , now they just adding new problems to the old. if we dont try to change things like this ourselves it never will. sending EA your ideas on what they need to do , has never panned out. they dont listen . so its time to draw some attention , stop buyin anything made by EA! we deserve a way better game than this !
Old 08-16-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with part of it, but not all of it. The part I agree with is some new quirks.

I don't grade things that aren't in the game and know that they aren't in the game.

Again, back to each their own.
Most definitely! BUT, These are things that should have been in the game or that were in the game that were removed. It still takes away from M13 immersion factor and the overall gameplay.
Old 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet Sufferer
I've now played TONS of games on both systems, and I'm flabbergasted.

So you're telling me after YEARS that line play is still useless? Jason Pierre Paul and Justin Tuck are just scrubs who can never get pressure or sacks with me controlling them? Unbelievable and inexcusable.

Pause for the inevitable reply - "I don't know what the problem is, I'm getting plenty of pressure with JPP and Tuck" .... OK.

I guess the game needs to be played by totally ignoring line play on defense and just controlling linebackers or other non lineman, I don't want to play that way when I have the best D line in football to play with, I like playing with lineman.

I could list another 100 inexcusable legacy issues that haven't been fixed for YEARS either, but let's just stick with line play, it's really inexcusable, I'm totally dumbfounded that they would let the game release like this YEAR AFTER YEAR.
This is what stopping me from getting the game. Sacks are apart of football. There is no excuse for the lack of attention paid to a very important aspect of football (lineplay).
Old 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #31
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

Maybe I'm just becoming too soft in my old age (lol) but I definitely had fun and enjoyed the demo. Yeah, it's still Madden, but it's an improvement from previous years to me. I've had fun, and the big thing that was holding this series back in my eyes - presentation - is vastly improved.

The "it's still Madden" thing I don't get - people coming in expecting vast gameplay changes to any yearly sports game are only going to be disappointed. But this is a solid step in the right direction for the Madden team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #32
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
...I don't grade things that aren't in the game and know that they aren't in the game...
I'm curious what you mean by this. As long as you're pre-warned about what won't be fixed, you're OK with it? Or was o/d-line interaction, specifically, not a big deal to you?

When I heard o/d-line play wouldn't be addressed, my mind was 95% made up. It's the legacy issues that have kept me away. I'm not sure what they could add that could get me to look past the player interaction... and the footwork.

The paint is MUCH shinier this year (RTP), but it's still Madden with a fresh coat, with so many legacy issues inored. I can almost understand them focusing on the flashier aspects & ignoring the boring fundamental ones from a business standpoint. But to ignore the player interaction for the entire generation is inexcusable from a gameplay/sim POV. Even with the beefed up staff, they still chose flash over substance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »