Home

EA season pass worth it?

This is a discussion on EA season pass worth it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4
EA season pass worth it?

Hey guys,

Do you think the season pass is worth it? The only EA game I usually buy is Madden with the exception of NCAA every couple years. So here is the dilemma should I drop $20 just to get Madden 13 a few days early or not since I don't buy the DLC as I am not into ultimate team.

On a side note do saves carry over from the early release to the retail version?

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 02:06 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: EA season pass worth it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Hey guys,

Do you think the season pass is worth it? The only EA game I usually buy is Madden with the exception of NCAA every couple years. So here is the dilemma should I drop $20 just to get Madden 13 a few days early or not since I don't buy the DLC as I am not into ultimate team.

On a side note do saves carry over from the early release to the retail version?

Thanks.
Depends how much mileage you'd get out of the Madden-related PDLC discounts, I guess...

Personally, I wouldn't if I was only interested in Madden - there's not enough value in getting only one game 3 days early for that. But then I don't go out hunting for the game and paying extra for it before release, so I value that 3 days a little differently than someone else might.

The value in this program for me is being able to evaluate all of the EA Sports games for 3 days for $5 a game, and decide whether to buy them. I need to actually play all of them to get that value.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by DELUS1ONAL
Hey guys,

Thanks.
Not really. You still have to buy madden again the next week. the instillation is slow as heck and unless you play any other games youre seriously just paying 20$ just to get it a bit early.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:21 PM   #4
OS Supporter - 12/14/14

DELUS1ONAL's Arena

OVR: 4

That's what I was thinking also. If I was really into their PGA or NHL games I would jump on the pass just to try them out before I went ahead and bought them.

The reason I'm still considering it is because I feel like Madden 13 will be one of the best yet, and i'm really excited to try out CC this year.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #5
Rookie

bucknut88's Arena

OVR: 6

I like it. I like being able to play all weekend since I have to work on the weekends. I also play many of the other titles and I use the DLC's quite often. So having the discount is a big plus for me too. It all depends on what you like/want to do.

In my opinion you should strongly consider buying it if:

You play more titles than just Madden
You buy the DLC's for these games
You like having those few extra days (especially on the weekend) to play the game

If you answer No to those questions, don't buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Rain816's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
I like it. I like being able to play all weekend since I have to work on the weekends. I also play many of the other titles and I use the DLC's quite often. So having the discount is a big plus for me too. It all depends on what you like/want to do.

In my opinion you should strongly consider buying it if:

You play more titles than just Madden
You buy the DLC's for these games
You like having those few extra days (especially on the weekend) to play the game

If you answer No to those questions, don't buy it.
this....also to the OP...dont let us tell u if its worth it...If u think it is...then do so, if not....hey its your money homie...DO YOU
Old 08-19-2012, 02:45 PM   #7
Rookie

I don't use the download content much, but the ability to try it out for 3 days, full game, allows me to decide what EA games I will purchase, and therefore in the long run, I think it saves me cash.
Old 08-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #8
Rookie

Sorry for being dense. With a paid season pass do you essentially download a 3 day game for free and then go buy the retail game normally? I guess I am confused as I thought season pass forced you to go digital download.

If you literally get a trial I might be interested...would be a great way to compare ps3 and xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »